The Newlywed Game

The Newlywed Game

⋆⋆⋆

The Newlywed Game.

It was a TV show where ten couples are put into a house for 3 months and each week, a couple is voted out. The last standing couple wins 250 grand. That was a lot of money and for April and Drew, could help a lot. It would pay for April’s schooling and it’d make Drew have enough money to pay for his Dad’s chemotherapy.

It’d be a lot easier if the two were actually married or if they even knew how a married couple acted. Despite the fact that they thought they were horrible actors, they were pretty damn convincing. It had to do with the fact that it wasn’t all pretend, sure they weren’t a married couple but that didn’t mean they didn’t have feelings for each other.

You can’t be with someone 24/7 for 3 months and not form some sort of feelings for him or her. It was practically impossible but Drew and April didn’t give that much thought. They just wanted the money. You don’t choose who you fall in love with; you don’t choose what circumcises you fall in love with, it just happens. Pity no one told April and Drew that.

             “I love you,” he murmured into my ear. “I love you so much it hurts. I love how you can’t watch a movie without crying, I love how you think everything has feelings, I love your eyes, I love the way you blush, I love the way you kiss me, I love the way you look at me. I love every single thing about you, I love every single one of your flaws and I’m never going to stop.”