Trouble (10)

Chapter 10: Trouble  ♡

 ❝I'm in trouble, I'm so cliché, see that word just wears me out, makes me feel like just another boy to laugh and joke about. But even worse I can't stop calling her, I love to hear her voice and honestly I'm left with no choice. - Trouble by Never Shout Never

Week 2 - Day 14

Week 3 - Day 15

⋆⋆⋆

 Drew and I ate dinner and just casually spoke about the game. We didn’t speak about us. Just the other contestants and what we thought of them and that was fine with me, I was just happy to be able to talk to Drew.

After dinner we went and sat down on the couch. Drew picked up the couple of DVD’s that were on the table. “Which movie do you want to watch?” He asked me. 

            “I don’t mind,” I told him. Drew went and put one of the DVD’s into the DVD player and played it loudly. “Drew, are you deaf? Put it down a bit.” Drew just rolled his eyes and sat down on the couch, pulling me closer to me.

            “Even if there are cameras, they won’t be able to hear us because the TV’s so loud,” he told me, slyly.

             “How the hell did you think of that!” I exclaimed.

             Drew laughed and we fell into silence. Now that we could talk about anything that we wanted, I didn’t know what to say. “Do you think they all believe us? I mean, there are even times where I believe us,” Drew said. His last sentence sent chills down my spine. ‘There are even times where I believe us’. I wanted to tell Drew that there were times where I too believed us.

             “I think we’re doing a pretty good job at this fake couple crap.”

             “Yeah, this fake couple crap,” Drew repeated quietly.

             Drew looked at me, strangely. “What are you thinking so hard about?” I asked curiously. 

           That seemed to snap Drew out of his train of thoughts and he quickly answered, “Nothing.” But it was obviously not ‘nothing’.

            “You know you can talk to me about anything.”

            “I’m just worried about my Dad, that’s all.” I knew that wasn’t really what he was thinking about because he always asked the cameramen if they could ask someone to see how he was going and he was always just fine.

            “Oh, okay,” I said anyway. Drew started leaning towards me, he was staring at my lips and I knew exactly what he was going to do – or what I wanted him to do – he was going to kiss me. I wanted to kiss him but at the same time, I didn’t. A million thoughts were running through my mind and they were all completely different. I can’t remember what I was thinking when I jumped away from Drew and said, “I need to pee!” And ran to the bathroom.

            I sat in the bathroom for a while, mortified. I couldn’t believe I actually had done that. I guess I just didn’t want to have to deal with how I would feel after the kiss; I was being selfish. For a couple of minutes the whole room was silent until I heard footsteps and knocking on the bathroom door. For a few moments I ignored him, hoping the knocking would stop but it didn’t so I said, “It’s opened.” Drew walked in to the bathroom and sat next to me on the cold ground.

            “I’m sorry,” was the first thing he said.

            He had nothing to be sorry for, I was the one that was being an idiot and was reading into things that I shouldn’t be. “You have nothing to be sorry for.”