Do I Wanna Know (19)

Chapter 19: Do I Wanna Know ♡

❝I'm sorry to interrupt, it's just I'm constantly on the cusp of trying to kiss you. I don't know if you feel the same as I do but we could be together if you wanted to.❞ - Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys

⋆⋆⋆

 I fell asleep lying on Drew’s lap; Drew fell asleep as well. I woke up early in the morning. The TV was off; Elliot wasn’t anywhere to be seen. I assumed she just went home. Scout and Heather and Nathan had left as well but Heather was sleeping on the floor and Dylan was sleeping on the couch.

            I contemplated leaving. It’s not that I wanted to, more that I needed to. I got up to get a glass of water but woke up Drew. “Where are you going?” He whispered.         

            “To get water.” I went into the kitchen and Drew followed. His hair was sticking in all different directions and he had bags under his eyes. He didn’t look perfect and I loved that. He looked real.

            “Lets go to bed,” Drew said, nodding towards his room. He slipped his hand into mine and I smiled down at our intertwined fingers.

            “What about Sammy and Dylan?” I didn’t want them sleeping on the couch and floor. I would feel horrible about it all night.

            “If they want they’ll go to the spare room, it’s fine.” I just nodded and walked to Drew’s room, getting into his bed. Drew got into the bed and pulled me close to him. I fell asleep in his embrace.

            I woke up because of the loud whispering of two voices. Dylan and Heathers. “Awh, they’re so cute!” Heather tried to whisper but failed. “I want to get married. I can’t believe he didn’t let us be at the wedding! I’m sure it was beautiful but I’d always thought Drew would never get married.”

            “They had their reasons.”

            “Do you know why they kept it all a secret? I mean, Drew’s a great guy; there really isn’t any need to keep it quiet. I’m sure he would’ve made an awesome impression with her parents!” If they were alive, I’m sure they would’ve loved him. They would be crazy not to.

            “Drew hasn’t told me much, all I know is that she was going through something pretty bad at the time and they thought it was better to keep it quiet. She didn’t want to get married so quickly but Drew convinced her.” Dylan laughed. Dylan was pretty damn convincing, I had to give it to him.

            “But she’s an alright girl and everything, right? I mean, she sounds pretty amazing from what I’ve heard from Drew but she’s not going to hurt him…”

            “The two are so in love, it’s not even funny. I actually cannot imagine Drew with anyone else.”