As Long As You Love Me (7)

Chapter 7: As Long As You Love Me ♡

❝So don't stress, don't cry, we don't need no wings to fly. Just take my hand, as long as you love me.❞ - As Long As You Love Me by Justin Bieber

 Week 1 - Day 1

⋆⋆⋆

 I was pretty sure I had never been so nervous before in my entire life. I was nervous about being in front of hundreds of people, I was nervous of being on television and I was nervous about faking a marriage with a guy I had only met a month ago.

        Backstage we were pampered, makeup was caked onto my face and they even put some on Drew’s face much to his dismay. We were told what we had to do. Walk out, answer some questions from the host and enter the mansion we were sharing with nine other couples. I had no idea how many couples had already entered the mansion.

            We were ushered onto stage and music started playing as we walked to the host. I didn’t recognize the song. The host was James Teen, a popular man on Australian television. Drew held my hand tightly throughout the whole thing. There were photos of us enlarged on the huge screen on the stage. Drew and I had to go to a photo-shoot  for it and make a short clip about our relationship. We didn’t have to do much, though, the men and women there basically told us everything to say and do.

            “Wow! Hey guys! You both look great!” James said and the crowd cheered. I gulped. “We saw in the clip that the two of you have been married for a year, how’s married life treating you Drew?”

            “If somebody had told me it’d be this good, I would have gotten married a lot earlier,” Drew told him and I laughed stiffly.

            “And you April?”

            Come on, April, say something cute like Drew did, I told myself but of course, I didn’t. “I hate it. If somebody had told me it’d be this bad, I wouldn’t have said yes.” It couldn’t have been that bad because the audience laughed. Then I said, “I’m just kidding, it’s the best thing that’s happened to me. Drew’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” The audience ‘awed’.

            “We all look forward to seeing you on The Newlywed Game! Lets have a round of applause for Drew and April!” That was our cue to make our way off the stage and we did. As soon as we got off the stage I felt as if I could breath again. We didn’t get much of a break because we were then hurried into the mansion, which would become our home.

            We entered from the front door and were immediately greeted by around 6 unfamiliar faces. The six people ran up to us, giving us kisses and introducing themselves and their partners.

            The first couple was a cute, younger couple.  They both looked flawless with blonde hair and blue eyes. They seemed like the perfect couple just by looking at them. They were holding hands and giggling together. The ladies name was Lisa and her husbands Oliver.

            The second couple was a couple that looked around Drew age. I had never seen a couple like them before. The girl, Jennifer had black straight hair and lots of piercings and her husband, Jacob was a lanky guy with a baby face. He looked younger than her.