One Life (12)

Chapter 12: One Life  ♡

 ❝I only have one life and I only wanna live it with you. I wanna sleep where you sleep, connect with your soul. The only thing I want in life.❞ - One Life by Justin Bieber

Week 3 - Day 21

⋆⋆⋆

 Some days in The Newlywed Game went by really fast and others, like today, went slowly. I think the reason it went so slowly was because another couple would be eliminated today and that couple could be me.

            Drew and I had foolishly walked away from each other, by accident. It was mostly my fault; I pushed him in the pool as a joke and then, Drew swam to the other side of the pool. We both didn't realize we had just lost the challenge until Anastasia had screamed out to us and told us. The only two couples that had yet left each other's sides were Violet and Harry and Paul and Renee.

            "Good afternoon guys! I'll tell you the winner of this weeks challenge first, since you're all probably wondering who it is. There is only one winner and Paul, while Renee was sleeping you walked out of the room to get a glass of water meaning the winner of the challenge is Violet and Harry! Congratulations! This week, you two have the power to give three votes to the couple you wish to be eliminated." I gulped and clutched onto Drew's hand. "The couples that are up for elimination are Anastasia and Luke, Lucy and Peter and... April and Drew."

            When I heard my name, I was shocked. I knew this was bound to happen at some point but I was hoping it'd be a little later on in the game. I zoned out for the rest of the time James spoke and just followed all the other couples as they walked to their rooms.

            Once Drew and I got into our room, he pulled me into a hug and sighed, deeply. "It's going to be okay."

            "I hope," I mumbled in reply. I wasn't ready to go home, we both needed that money.

            "Who do you want to vote for? Anastasia and Luke?" I nodded, unable to speak. I watched Drew as he reached for a piece of paper and wrote their names on it, he then walked over to me and sat on the bed next to me. "Stop thinking so negatively, it'll be fine."

            "You don't know that."

            "No, I don't but you're sitting there all depressed and it isn't making anything better. So put a smile on your face, I love you." Even though those three little words were all a bunch of lies, I couldn't help but smile. "That's my girl." Drew paused. "I'm going bathroom."

            I was left alone in the room and I didn't like it one bit because usually Drew was there to distract me from my own thoughts. Drew was pretty quick and when he came out he had a small smile on his face.

            I was pacing up and down the room, not sure what to do with myself. "We can do this," I said, trying to sound convincing. I wasn't trying to convince Drew, I was trying to convince myself.

            "Yes, we can. We just have to hope that the people we've been living with for the past three weeks actually like us."

            "They probably don't."

            "Most likely." I laughed. "Your laugh is the most beautiful sound ever, I wouldn't be able to live without it." That comment - fake as it was - had me blushing and looking to the ground. "I also would not be able to live without you blushing all the time." Drew chuckled and I let out a small laugh.

            "We should go outside now," I said, gently.

            "Yeah, we should." For a couple of moments, the two of us just stood there, staring at each other until Drew started walking towards the door, holding it open for me. I followed Drew and we walked to the living room where a couple of other couples were sitting down. I took the piece of paper out of Drew's hands and slipped it into the box.