Born To Die (13)

Chapter 13: Born To Die  ♡

 ❝Don't make me sad, don't make me cry. Sometimes love is not enough and the roads get tough, I don't know why. Keep making me laugh.❞ - Born To Die by Lana Del Rey

Week 4 - Day 22/ Day 23

⋆⋆⋆

“You are all newlywed couples and so we ask, how well do you all really know each other?” James started. “This week your challenge will to each day answer a series of questions about your significant other. The couple that has answered the most questions correct will be treated with a visit from family, good luck.” 

            I looked to my right where Drew was sitting. I knew how much it’d mean to him if we won this weeks challenge and he got to see his family. He’d told me various times how much he missed his little brother and sister. I also knew that he would do anything to be able to see his father who he was constantly asking about. Drew was scared to death that his Father would just die.

            “I wonder what questions they’ll ask us,” Anastasia said. The chances of Drew and us actually winning were slim to none. Out of the seven couples left, Drew and I knew each other the least.

            We still weren’t talking normally, foolishly I had expected that we would be back to normal after a couple of hours but Drew hardly spoke to me and when he did, it was only for the benefit for the other couples. “We can do this,” I said to him.

            “Yeah,” Drew replied, only looking at me for a moment. “I’m going to get something to drink.” Drew got up and walked away from me. I gulped.

            “What’s going on with you two?” Cho questioned, curiously. Of course, the other couples had wondered what was going us because usually Drew and I are together and talking all the time.

            “We just got into a fight,” I shrugged it off like it was no big deal.

            “Who’s fault was it?”

            “Mine.”

            “He’ll forgive you in no time,” Jennifer assured me, offering me a small smile.

            “You don’t know Drew,” I muttered. Neither do you, that little voice in the back of my mind taunted.

            Nick, one of my favourite cameramen came and got me to go and speak about the fight I had just had with Drew. Thankfully, Drew wasn’t in the room when I got there. “Start with saying that you had a fight in the bathroom,” Nick instructed and left me alone in the room.

            “Drew and I had a fight in the shower yesterday and truthfully, it was all my fault. This is our first major fight as a couple and I just- I just don’t know what to do anymore.” I only noticed that tears had started falling down my face when one slipped into my mouth. I quickly wiped them away. I refused to cry about Drew. I was not going to be pathetic; I only had a tiny crush on Drew, which would be expected considering I had to pretend to be in love with him. “I don’t know what’s going on in Drew’s mind, I want to talk to him but he doesn’t want to talk to me. I think I’ll just give him a little space but it’s a bit hard when we’re together 24/7.” I spoke for a while longer until I got up and walked out of the camera room.

            “What was that about?” Drew shocked me by asking when I returned to the kitchen.

            “They just wanted me to talk about our fight,” I replied.