Little Bird (6)

Chapter 5: Little Bird ♡

❝And I'll owe it all to you, my little bird. My little bird. If we take a walk out in the morning dew, we can lay down so I'm next to you❞ - Little Bird by Ed Sheeran 

⋆⋆⋆

“I can’t believe Drew was the first one to get married out of all of us. I thought it’d be you Sammy,” Nathan, one of Drew’s friends laughed. They thought we were married, because if we kept telling people we actually weren’t, then it’d somehow come out. Nathan was the ‘baby’ in the group, according to Drew’s friend. He had a lot of piercings on his face and ears and I could see a bit of a tattoo on his neck.

            “I just can’t believe you didn’t tell us! Or invite us to the wedding! And then you lied to us, April said you guys have been married for an entire year.” Sammy was a short, blonde girl that from what I had heard had a huge opinion.

            “I know but April and I thought it’d be easier if we kept it a secret,” Drew slyly told his friends.

            “Who decided to keep it a secret?”

            Drew said my name exactly the same time I said his. Drew then said, “We both wanted to keep it a secret. At the time, it was the easiest thing to do. April had some things going on at home.” That was of course a lie but it seemed to get his friends to stop asking why we kept it a secret.

            “You guys are a cute couple. I actually thought Drew was gay because he never got with any gir-” Drew’s talkative friend, Heather started but Drew cut her off.

            “I am not gay!” He exclaimed.

            “I just thought because you’re really sensitive and nice and you never just have one-night stands with girls! We all thought it!” Heather had pink hair and if I had to use one word to describe her it’d be: chirpy.

            I laughed and suggestively said, “He’s not gay, I’m sure,” and I winked.

            “Well make sure you call me if you ever want to be with a real man,” Scott told me. Scott was attractive and he knew it. I’d already seen him flirting with five different girls.

            “She has a real man,” Drew said through gritted teeth, his arm tightening around me. I could tell that out of everyone, Drew and Scott got along the least. I wasn’t sure if it was because of their different personalities or if it was because something had happened when they were younger.

            “Yeah sure,” Scott scoffed. “Danielle sure didn’t think so.” The table got very quiet after he mentioned the girl, Danielle. I wasn’t sure who she was but Drew tensed up when he said that.