Without You (21)

Chapter 21: Without You  ♡

 ❝They all think I have it all. I've nothing without you. All my dreams and all the lights mean nothing without you. - Without You by Lana Del Rey

Week 7 - Day 50

Week 8 - Day 57

Week 9 - Day 61/64

⋆⋆⋆

Before I knew it, I was getting ready with Drew to be interviewed for The Newlywed Game by James. I was nervous; it wasn’t the same nervous feeling I had felt before I entered the Newlywed Game mansion for the first time, though.

            “How does it feel to be going back onto the Newlywed Game?” James asked. “I mean, two weeks ago, you guys got eliminated and now you’re back!”

            “It seems like a dream!”

            “I bet. So, how was your experience outside of The Newlywed Game mansion?” Our interview continued, going way too fast for my liking. Soon we were being sent into the mansion.

            “I feel like I’m going to be sick.”

            “It’s not like we haven’t done this before and plus, this time, I think it’ll be heaps easier.” I agreed. This time, we wouldn’t be faking that that we were in love. We were standing outside the Newlywed Game house, waiting for somebody to tell us to go in.

Finally, one of the men looked at us and said, “You guys can go in now. Good luck.”

“Hopefully we don’t need it,” I muttered. Drew intertwined his hand with mine and smiled at me, lovingly.

            “Are you ready, April?”

            I shook my head. “No. I’m ready to run away.” Drew chuckled and we walked into the Newlywed Game mansion together. I smiled immediately seeing Jennifer. She ran to me, throwing her arms around me.

            “April!” She yelled.

            “Jennifer,” I laughed.

            “What are you doing here?”

            “We’re back,” I smiled, excitedly.

            Jennifer’s eyes widened. “Are you being serious?”

            “Yes! I’m so happy to see you, I missed you heaps.”  I greeted the two other couples that were left on the Newlywed Game. We were only a few weeks away from the end. Instead of another couple leaving the mansion, we came back so I’d have another week with Jennifer. I really hoped Drew and I could make it to the end.

***

It was hard to get into routine again but eventually, Drew and I did and soon we were in our room, getting ready to vote for another couple to leave the newlywed game. This week, since there were only four couples left, only two were up for elimination. Cho and Ted and Jennifer and Jacob. I didn’t have to think about voting for Cho and Ted.

            “I don’t want Jennifer and Jacob to go,” I said, sadly.

            “Aye, just think about it, if they do, you’ve only got two weeks to wait until you can see them again!” That was the frightening truth. There were only two more weeks of the Newlywed Game. This time in two weeks, if we were still contestants of The Newlywed Game we’d be getting ready to hear who’s won 250 000 dollars.