Hold Tight (17)

Chapter 17: Hold Tight  ♡

 ❝Got me tossing, turning in bed. Your place is where I'd rather be instead. You don't know your strength, missing you is like adrenaline.❞ - Hold Tight by Justin Bieber

⋆⋆⋆

Everything was a blur after we left the mansion. I vaguely remember clutching onto Drew’s hand as we were told where we had to go and the kind of questions we’d be asked. In truth, I was in shock.

            “Hey,” Drew said, sweetly as we waited to go out onto stage. “It’s okay, please stop looking so sad.”

            I looked down to the ground, biting my lip and willing myself not to cry. I was not going to cry. I was not going to cry. I was not going to cry. I’d been trying to convince myself that tears wouldn’t help anything for the past half hour. “I’m sor-”

            Drew cut me off. “Don’t apologise. Now, lets go out there and show Australia what a kick-ass couple we really are. Are you ready?”

            I sniffled, laughing. He had asked me that question countless times throughout The Newlywed Game and like any other time I said, “No.”

            “Too bad,” he teased. Drew and I held hands as we walked out of the dark, small room. I felt exposed. There were so many people in the audience, cheering as on. James was waiting for us and when we walked to him, he smiled.

            “Well isn’t it Australia’s favourite couple!” The crowd cheered. “I can’t say that I’m not shocked that you guys have been eliminated, to tell you the truth, I was rooting for you guys. Please, take a seat.” Drew and I sat next to each other. He rubbed my thigh soothingly. “How does it feel to be eliminated?”

            “Pretty crappy,” I replied, honestly. Everyone laughed but it wasn’t a joke, it was the honest truth.

            James laughed. “The two of you had the entire Australia going crazy! You were named Drril! We all loved your relationship; I can say that it was unlike any other relationship in the mansion.” Yeah, because it isn’t real and all the others are,” I thought, sourly. James kept talking, occasionally asking us questions about our experience.

            Right at the end the audience started chanting ‘kiss, kiss, kiss.’ James looked us and said, “Come on guys, kiss.” Knowing that this would most likely be my last kiss with Drew, I kissed him hard.  “So that’s it, guys! We all really enjoyed you being on the Newlywed Game, thank you and we’ll see you at the finale!” Drew and I walked back into the room we came from and Drew’s Mum and Dad and Elliot greeted us.

            “I missed you so much!” Elliot ran up to me. “You did so well though!” She looked at Drew who was hugging his Mum. “You both did.” Behind Drew was a cameraman.

            “I missed you too,” I murmured, hugging her.