Chapter two

chapter two

I tumbled out of bed the next morning, and I mean tumbled. I rolled a bit to far and fell ass-first onto the floor. My day was already off to an awkward start. I woke up with one question on my mind:

Who is the Masked Mysterioso?

I was determined to find out. I was a stubborn, rebellious little lady and if I wanted find out something, I'd find out.

I told my aunt I was going for a walk when I slipped out of the house. Of course, in reality, I was going to look for and hunt down that masked man.

I scurried around town looking for the guy. Once it was about noon I decided I should begin looking in buildings.

I searched the bakery, I searched a book store, a cafe, a restaurant, a fishing store, a pub, you name it. I was hopeless. There wasn't a single masked pirate around.

At least that was until I looking, of course. I sat down on a wooden bench, catching a breath after I had searched for a couple hours. I was just about to give up when I heard a voice behind me.

"Hey there."

I swung my body around and checked behind me. There was a masked pirate. Unfortunately, not the one I had been acquainted with the day before, the one I had been looking for.

"Nice day, isn't it?" The man had a simple solid green mask, not as dazzling as the Masked Mysterioso's.

"Yeah. I guess so." I said, looking up at the clear blue sky.

"So, what brings you here?" I asked, just a little curious.

"My pirate crew, the Masquerade Messes." He responded, looking up at a passing seagull.

"Oh, I know. I met one of your crew mates yesterday. Well, more like he met me. He followed me around all night." I slightly laughed as I spoke, recalling how he had stalked me.

"Oh, really?"

"Yup. He had a black mask with pink rubies. What's his name?" I asked, secretly glad I had finally found someone to give me my answer.

Yeah, no.

"I dunno." He shrugged plainly.

"What? How do you not know?" His words pissed me off.

"We have so many crew members. I don't know all of them."

This crew was so large and mysterious I had a hard time wrapping my brain around their complex ways.

"Oh. I have to get going. See you never again." He waved a careless hand behind him as he walked off. He certainly wasn't as flirty as my masked man. I watched the green masked man walk off into the distance.

Where is the Masked Mysterioso?

* * *

chapter two, part II

I decided to walk to the docks and look for his ship. I didn't plan to confront him there, I just wanted to see his ship for the sake of it. I knew he would leave soon, no crew of pirates ever stayed for more than a couple days. I wanted to know his name, I wanted to know him without his mask. The pirates had their mission, find treasure. I had mine now. Must. Find. Out. Who. He. Is.

The dock had a couple ships anchored. One, a tiny boat. The other, a huuuge wooden ship, the size of seven houses put together. The front of the ship had a statue of a masquerade mask. Big surprise, right?

Suddenly I heard a familiar holler behind me.

Not of the green masked man, not of my aunt, not of my masked man, but the holler of the creepy thug.