Chapter seven

chapter seven

"Jackson, what kind of bees make milk?"

You have got to be kidding me.

"I dunno... milk bees?"

They really are so annoying.

"Boo bees!"

...and immature.

"Hah! Good one, man!"

I raised my head from the pillow and opened my eyes to see, of course, Jackson and Rubin sitting on the other bed. Seriously, these two basically ran on puns. The Masked Mysterioso made puns as well, but his were more... decent.

"Get it? Cuz boo bees - boobies!" Jackson slapped his knee and laughed like a crazy man, his loud voice hurting my ears. Glaring at them from across the room, I groaned loudly just to get to them that they were irritating me.

"Actually, Jackson, I should get going..." Rubin met my icy gaze and seemed to know what was best for him if he wanted to leave unharmed.

"Damn. Alright then. Bye, R." Jackson gave a heavy sigh and waved his best friend out of the room. Rubin left, quietly shutting the door with a soft click.

Silence coated us and I shut my eyes, hoping to fall back asleep. Unfortunately, I couldn't because I felt like I was being watched. I opened my eyes and indeed, I was being watched. Jackson was sitting on his bed, just staring at me. It was clear I noticed this but he didn't even flinch or seem to care a bit.

"Jackson, why are you looking at me?" I suddenly spoke, ending the awkward silence. But perhaps my words just made it more awkward.

"Because I have eyes and I'm getting some ideas." He slowly began to grin mischievously.

"What..." Hearing this come from such an attractive man made me blush. I lifted the covers to my neck, covering up my nightgown. A wave of a familiar feeling crashed onto me, and yet again, I felt small. Small as in baffled, embarrassed, and a powerless feeling.

"Vivienne, I've got a joke just for you." His grin only widened as he spoke, his tone daring. He was definitely the Masked Mysterioso. Their voices were so damn similar.

"It's a joke about my trouser snake. Never mind, it's too long." He let out a loud, immature laugh. He was so inappropriate it dissapointed me. My reaction wasn't even a giggle, I just stared at him with a plain face. Plus who the hell calls their dick "trouser snake"? He noticed how unamused I was and hurriedly sobered up. He then stood up, a horrid awkwardness forming between us. Then, just like that, he exited the cabin and just walked off.

I just laid in bed, contemplating why I even liked Jackson. Was it Jackson I liked? If so, why? These were the questions I asked myself. Jackson was such a pervert, it was beyond creepy. Honestly, I felt like he'd creep up on me in the middle of the night sometimes. Such a pervert.

* * *

chapter seven, part II

Around noon I found myself mopping the deck with Jackson, Noah, and Rubin. It was a little hot outside and I began to sweat under the Masked Mysterioso's cloak. It must have been around eighty degrees or so. But there was something about his cloak, I didn't want to take it off. It was like he was with me when in reality, he really wasn't. I actually became attached to his cloak, almost as much as I became attached to him. The Masked Mysterioso felt like a drug to me. I craved to be by his side. But, damn, did I hate him.

"Sheesh! It's too hot out here!" Jackson was the first to complain, of course. He stopped mopping and stood still, wiping sweat of his forehead with the back of his hand.