Chapter three

chapter three

The next morning was hell, as well as the start of a no-mask day. I woke up and straight away got the Masquerade Messes logo tattooed onto my neck just as I sat in my bed. It was hell.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" Those were the only words I could speak as the needle stuck into my skin.

The one tattooing me was Rubin. He was the one who did all the tattoos of each and every single crew member.

I had woken up that morning to Rubin sitting next to my bed, needle ready. Captain Gareth and Jackson stood beside him, witnessing my agony.

"Fuuuuck!" I groaned loudly, feeling nothing but pounding pain. I was never used to pain.

"I never knew such profane vocabulary was in this little lady's mouth." Jackson mumbled to Captain Gareth.

"I know, Jack. It surprises me as well." Captain Gareth murmured right back.

"I can hear you two, you know!" I hissed through my gritted teeth, (trying to) endure the pain. Suddenly there was a knock and everyone but Rubin turned to glance at the just opened wooden door.

"Ethan, what brings you here?" Captain Gareth asked the redhead standing in the doorway.

"I think I found an island to go to. It's an abandoned island so I don't think we'll need our masks. It might just have - "

"Treasure!" My face lit up and I interrupted Ethan. I was too distracted to pay attention to the pain I was in.

"Yeah. That." Ethan raised a brow at me.

"That's great, boy! Get us there! How long will it take to reach the island?" Gareth beamed.

"About three days." Ethan responded.

"Good, good. Go on and get a hold of that steering wheel on deck. Good work, my man." The captain surely was pleased. Now we had something to look forward to.

Suddenly the pain increased in my neck as he poked me again with the tattoo pen, beginning to draw the anchor.

"Fuck!"

* * *

chapter three, part II

By the time the sun was high in the sky the entire mask less crew was working. Whether it was controlling the sails, steering the ship, or mopping the floors, everyone was working. I, being unlucky as usual, got assigned the horrid job of cleaning a claw foot tub in the large bathroom, which was located in the hallway full of cabins. The door was metal, unlike the light wooden doors of our rooms.

"You're cleaning it wrong!" Jackson cried beside me, scrubbing the floor.

"Please tell me how the hell someone cleans a tub wrong?" I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"Quit that attitude." He glared at me.

"Quit pretending you aren't who you are." I snapped back.

"What?" He looked confused.

"Nothing." I muttered bitterly.

I was getting a little pissed. More like paranoid. Who was the Masked Mysterioso?

"Viv...ienne..." I heard a small behind me. It was Noah, shy as usual.

"Oh, hey, Noah." I smiled over my shoulder to him. I totally wanted to befriend this cutie.

"Need help...?" He asked, crouching beside me.

"Yeah, I guess I do. Please, help me clean this tub the," I turned to glare at Jackson, who was ignoring me and scrubbing the floor with a wet rag, "the right way." Jackson glanced to me but said nothing.