Ch 6 Sammy's Past Part 1

Ch. 6

Recap:

How did you get those scars on your back?"

"You sure you want to know. It's a long story" he asks

"Yes. You said anything"
"Okay"

Sammy POV

I should have known she would eventually ask me that question but at least I can finally tell her.

"Like I said before, growing up I wanted to be just like my dad. Being oldest meant that being Godfather was my birthright. Therefore, my dad was grooming me to be just like him which is the Godfather. By 10years old I knew how to shoot any gun. As time went on I started to sit in every meeting so I knew all the illegal activities that my father was involved in. I think he was very happy that I was very eager to follow in his footsteps. The only thing my father didn't allow me to witness is when him or his men killed or tortured people. He said that was off limits till I was an adult. At 13, I begged him to take me with him when he was doing one of his illegal business deals. He was hesitant especially since my mom told him that she didn't want me to go because it was too dangerous for a 13yr old. My father can sometimes be a pushover when it comes to my mom but when its involves the mafia business he does what he wants to do and if he already made up his mind nobody can change it not even my mom. She was a little upset that he was taking me but what could she really do. She knew I was going to be Godfather so I needed to know how these things worked plus she had no power in the mafia so she eventually got over it. So my father, I, his underboss, and 8 of his soldiers went to a warehouse to trade our drugs for money. We were trading with the Russian mob. The Russian and Italian mobs are kind of like frenemies. We don't like each other and sometimes we kill each other but if it's good for business we forget our hate for a moment and make the business deal. So the Russian boss and my dad both went to a table in the center of the room and rested both briefcases on the table. They switched and when my dad open to check that all the money was there. There was no money in the briefcase"

Annabel POV

I was hanging on to every word he said. I wonder what happened afterwards

Sammy POV

Annabel is lying on my chest looking up at me as I tell her the story of what happened 10yrs ago. I miss us lying like this.

Flashback – 10years ago

I was so excited to finally witness my dad doing a trade. I am glad he didn't listen to my mom. She always overreacts.

My dad and the Russian mob boss named Anatoly both went to rest their briefcase in the center of the room. Anatoly had some of his men here as well for the deal. They both opened the briefcase at the same time. Anatoly has to make sure all the merchandise is there and my dad had to make sure all the money was there.

"Where is the money" My dad said angrily. This caused everyone in the room to pull out their guns. My dad and Anatoly were pointing guns at each other faces. His men and my dad's men (including me) were pointing guns at each other too. It was a standoff. Then one of Anatoly's men shot one of my dad's men so there was a shootout. There were bullets flying everywhere. People were running to take cover and continuing to shoot. Somehow my dad ended up where I was.

"Sammy, get out of here. Meet at our hideout" my dad said

We have multiple hideouts. Each near our meeting place just in case something like this happen

"No dad I can help. I have my gun. I know how to shoot" I argue

"Don't argue with me. Run to our secret place. Keep your gun just in case you are in danger. Everything will be alright.Just trust me"

I listen to him and run while my dad covers me.

I make it outside and it's really dark since its night time. I continue running to the secret place but I hear a car following me so I continuing running in random directions away from the secret place so they can get lost and not know where our hideout is.

All of a sudden, I hear the van stop and someone running after me so I stop take out my gun and shoot one of the guy's leg that was chasing me and then I continued running . Then another van comes out in front of me. So I decided to run in the other direction. Then all of a sudden someone grabs me and I try to fight back and I try to get my gun so I can shoot them but it falls out of my hand. Then I get punched in the face and black out