Ch 15 Getting ready part 1

Ch 15

I dedicate this chapter to StefLena. Thank you for your comments and I agree with you when you said in Ch 13 to "Keep Your Enemies Close and Your FRIENDS Closer. Because your so-call friends will be the first ones that will turn coat and try to bring you down...". That has happened to me before and it's the worst thing ever and that statement couldn't be anymore true.

Don't forget to comment and vote.

Annabel POV

Currently its December 24th, and I am with my sister Katherine making sure the venue and the decorations are all set and that the food for the fake engagement party on Saturday is good. Tomorrow night on December 25th should be interesting and I pray to God that everything goes well and that Sammy and I's engagement is believable to those that don't know our secret.

Sammy and I plan to continue pretending to be engaged until the end of January. We decided not to do it the week or even 2 weeks after the engagement because then it would be too obvious that we weren't serious about being together especially after all this hard work that we have put into this party in order to convince our family members that we are so in love and can't stand being apart and that we just had to get back together and get married.

These past 3 weeks has taken a toll on me. Setting all this up again on short notice has been harder than I thought it would be. I never cared that Sammy's family was wealthy because I just loved him the way he was and would have dated him even if he was a McDonald's employee, but I got to say I have come to love that he is not just rich but extremely wealthy and connected.

The reason why I am so glad is that even though it's extremely expensive to eat let alone rent out the R Lounge at Two Times Square, it is also extremely popular so after we canceled it, it was too late to re-rent it for the night because they already decided to keep it open for Christmas night. They already brought a lot of entertainment, brought chefs around the country to cook exotic food, hired more security, hired more experienced bartenders to cater on Christmas night and even hiked up the prices for the food and drinks since people like to party on holidays even more. They were planning on making a lot of money that night plus this was too short notice. I was so upset because we needed to have it here, the stupid invitation said it was going to be here, stupid airhead Veronica knew it was here, I couldn't just change the stupid location. I didn't want her to know that Sammy and I broke our engagement at any time.

As you may know Sammy's family business is thriving and since he has the pleasure of being rich he is obviously surrounded by tons of successful people in the business world so he has many connections. Sammy knew how upset I was because anyone within a ft of me knew how upset I was that he made one 10 minute phone call to the owner of the lounge and the owner of the lounge decided to let us rent it out for free and since he didn't want all the people he hired to go to waste he let them cater our party for free.

I just wanted us to be able to rent out the lounge for free. I was perfectly fine with us having to rent it out for a higher price. That is why I was so surprised that I was getting all these benefits for free. Sammy didn't seem shock about this at all. He told me "well of course, he would do this for me. That is why I need to stay connected to powerful people because people do favors for friends and I have a lot of friends. Having power in the business world is great for me because I don't have to waste time, energy or money to force people into doing favors for me. However, I also do favors for other powerful people because in my world you want more friends than enemies". Well damn no wonder Veronica wanted to marry Sammy so badly, he even has connections outside of the mafia.

Another thing that I benefited from Sammy being wealthy is that he was able to get all the people who originally said that they were coming to make it. In the beginning a majority of our family members that lived far from New York couldn't make it because they already canceled their plane tickets and hotel rooms since we canceled the engagement party and that purchasing it now will be too expensive. As a result he used his parents,his,Christina's, and Anthony's private Jet to get our family members from all over the world to come and rented a mansion for all of them to stay in because he didn't have enough room at his house.