Ch 14 Telling the family

Ch 14

This is a long chapter so I hope you guys like it

Sammy POV

I told Danny the plan that Christina orchestrated, and he was not for it. He was worried like Anthony that I would spiral downwards but I am not changing my mind.

When I told my mother, father, Alex(short for Alexandra), and Sunny that we are engaged again they were so happy for me and were excited for the wedding. Little do they know that there is a high chance that we will not make it to the wedding, but I must at least try.

Annabel POV

I drove to New Jersey Thursday evening since I do not have class Friday to tell my family about my engagement with Sammy. Thankfully my whole family was there so I was able to tell everyone face to face at the same time. My sister left Washington DC and decided to visit home in order to take a little break before her next case.

My parents welcomed me home but were surprised by my visit.

 I am so glad I visited tonight because I was able to enjoy my mom's home cooked meal. She made Pholourie, Curry chicken and Buss-up Shot. I was in pure heaven. After dinner, we were full and still sat at the dinner table conversating. My brother is part of the cross country team and his last meet was last week. He was telling us how his team won the race. We were all so proud of him.

"So, sweetie I am glad that you visited us but what brought you up here?" my mom asked after Jordan finished his story

"Well,I just wanted to talk to all of you guys. I am glad Christina and Jordan are here too because I have something important to say to you all and I think its important to say it face to face." I said

"Go on" my dad said

"So, you guys all know Sammy? Well I mean of course you know him. He was my ex-fiancé and everything, ha-ha" I just stopped I didn't know how to tell them. Remembering my friends' reaction did not help my nervousness.

"So are you going to finish what you were saying or did you come all this way just to ask us if we remember your ex-fiancé" my sister Katherine said sarcastically

"Well the thing is" I hesitated "well you see what had happen was" then I stopped again but I could tell that they were all getting impatient, so I just decided to say it so here we go "Sammy is no longer my ex-fiancé"

Everyone was quiet and looked like they were thinking about what I just blurted out .

Then my dad scrunched up his face and asked "What do you mean he is no longer your ex-fiancé".

The scary thing was that he asked it in a calm tone, but his face looked anything but calm.

"Sammy and I are getting married" I stated more confidently

"What?"

"Well Sammy and I talked things out and we decided to get back together"

"NO"

"Umm excuse me?"

"I do not give you my blessing to marry Sammy. I told him the first time he is only getting my blessing once and I meant it"

"Daddy come on we love each other" I tried to convince him

"Do you not remember who he is or what happened to you or would you like me to jog your memory?" Talking to me like I'm a little girl

"I am sorry dad but I'm marrying him. I do not need your blessing" I said defiant

He looked at me in disbelief. I was seriously angry with my dad. I do not know why. This was all a charade anyway but all that he said made me angry. Like seriously dad, why would he even think that he can tell me who I can and cannot marry. If he thinks he can he is 100% mistaken.

"Okay guys. How about we calm down" my mom interrupted

"No. She is out of her mind if she thinks I will let her marry that monster." He turned to my mom

I do not know for some reason I started crying. Why was I being so fucking emotional?This is a fake engagement but I was hurt.He is my father and he should support me.

Plus, my dad is acting like Sammy treated me poorly. Yes, Sammy is the Godfather which is a lot to take in but it's not like he ever treated me badly.Sammy never disrespected me, he was always there for me, encouraged me whenever I wanted to give up with medical school, always complimented me and told me how I was the best thing to ever happen to him repeatedly.

What I loved the most about him is that he was never afraid to let the world know how he felt about me. Even in front of his friends and his guy cousins he would act like a big softie and be affectionate with me kissing me on my cheeks, forehead and hand. Even if others were with us when we were watching a movie we would snuggle with each other.

Sammy was never ashamed of being with me and when his friends,coworkers, or male and female relatives would make fun of him for being whipped he did not once hesitate to tell them that "Yes, I am whipped". I was surprised seeing it first hand and when people would tell me that even when I was not present he would say with confidence that he was whipped. The reason I was so shocked was because most guys would disagree with that statement and be embarrassed by someone especially their friends saying that they are whipped.

Even though Sammy and I would argue sometimes and even though he is the Godfather which he lied to me about; our relationship was great for the most part. That is why it hurts so much that my dad is acting like I am being irrational and that I have no basis for getting back with Sammy.

"Ian stop, I think she should marry him" my mother said aggravated at his reaction

I was surprised, and my dad looked just as surprised by her comment

"What is wrong with you? "my father asks my mother

"Nothing. She is my daughter and I fully support her decision. She is obviously in love with him and we both know that he is in love with her. Ian just calm down. There is no reason to get worked up about this. We raised a smart and mature adult who can make her own choices. If she wants to marry him let her."

My dad looked at my mom, then me, then back at my mom saying

"Fine. You know what? Annabel marry him and Anne go ahead and support her, but don't you dare come crying to me when Annabel gets kidnapped and injured again because of her fiancé."

He then snapped and slammed his chair into the table and walked angrily upstairs to I assume their bedroom.

"Don't worry sweetheart, he will eventually come around." My mom said and kissed my forehead and walked upstairs.

" Well that was eventful." My brother said chuckling and I gave him a death stare

"Don't be mad at me. I support you too. Be mad at dad" he said with a fake innocent smile and then went upstairs to go play video games

"I am proud of you" my sister said

"Why"

"For standing up for yourself. I don't approve of what Sammy does for a living but I can tell you guys really love each other and I know how miserable you were without him. This is the reason I'm glad that you guys are getting back together." She said sincerely

"Katherine, we are not getting back together"

"Sis,don't let daddy convince you to break up with him again. Like mom said you are an adult and Sammy makes you happy so forget what daddy says.He will just have to accept your decision."

I decide to tell Katherine the whole story, but I told her not to tell anyone and that only Sammy, his siblings,Danny, and the wildcats know the truth, but that I am not telling anyone else. I told her the only reason I am telling her is because I trust her, she is my big sis, and I know she wants the best for me

"Annabel, I don't think that's a clever idea. When emotions are involved things get messy and obviously you guys both still have strong feelings for each other and this could end in disaster if you guys break it off after the engagement.

"Ugg can you just please be supportive. I really do not want any more people telling me this is a mistake and how someone is going to end up hurt"

"fine do as you wish but don't say I didn't warn you"

Don't forget to comment and vote