Number 1 Duality Frosty Recipe

We'd like to say we are number one. As a country, as a group, as a fandom, and even as individual people sometimes.The same technology that allows me to write you today is the same thing that should dispel that false truth.

Let's not pretend for a second that a single country or group is first. Because ranking people is just a way to justify our own failings. And anytime someone goes hungry, anytime someone is shot, that's a failing.

There is hope however. The reason we know how bad people can be to each other across the world is because of the internet access you are viewing this on. It's painful to see the heartbreak on parade daily, but because we can see it in the first place means we have a chance to dress those wounds. In our hometowns and across the world.

We have a fighting chance to see what others would like to hide. To heal in small and large ways. With hashtags, using camera phones to shoot back, and creating new worlds upon the tips of our fingers.

I'm able to show you wisdom, this cute bear video (below), and recipes at the same time. Because all of these things are happening at once, there's a duality there.

The pain in the world might not stop, but we can ease it. Not just by sharing our misery to realize we aren't alone, but by sharing our support for each other, our hope, joys, and recipes.

If nothing else, remember this--I see you. Let's make something together. How about we cool off with this Frosty-like drink?

What we need:
¾ cup of almond milk
15 ice cubes
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
⅓ of a banana

What we need:¾ cup of almond milk15 ice cubes½ tsp vanilla extract1 tbsp cocoa powder⅓ of a banana