"Ooo, we've gone from Sirius to Black, I must be in trouble."

My first lesson with Sirius had gone well, although I still felt really terrible about kneeing him, it was just an automatic reaction.

Lily had wondered where I had gone. We hve been best friends since our first day at Hogwarts so I'm not sure why I didn't tell her. I guess just didn't want her getting the wrong impression or jumping to conclusions. Although, when I arrived back at my dorm, I started to wish that I had told her.

I wanted to tell her all about it, but then she would wonder why I had avoided telling her that I was meeting Sirius in the first place.

"Aww! Come on Seren! Please tell me!" She begged, wanting to know where I had gone and with who.

"I told you, I just went for a walk." I answered.

"Then tell me why you wouldn't let me come!" She replied. She was too smart for her own good.

I sighed.

"Goodnight Lily." I said, rolling over to face the window.

I heard her huff before a rustling of cloth implied that she was also going to sleep.

<><><>

The next morning at breakfast, the four boys came and sat opposite us again, as they had done at the end of last year.

I felt someone nudge my foot under the table and I looked up to meet Sirius's sparkling grey eyes. He winked at me before turning back to his food, which made my cheeks glow pink due to my constant state of embarrassment whenever anyone besides Lily talks to me.

"Hey blondie." He said, after swallowing a mouthful of food.

"Sirius." I nodded, turning back to my book. I had read Hogwarts: A History three times already, but you can never really know enough about Hogwarts.

I caught Lily watching me from the corner of my eye. Surely she would guess now that I had seen Sirius last night, but I didn't want her getting the wrong idea, we were just helping each other out.

After ancient runes and transfiguration, Lily had potions while I had a free lesson so I went back up to the Gryffindor common room.

I hadn't been sat on my usual seat in front of the fire long when I heard people come through the portrait hole.

I turned my head to see Sirius and Remus. They must both have free lessons too.

"Ah, blondie! Fancy a game of wizard's chess?" Sirius asked.

"I thought we were working on the-" Remus began before being cut off mid sentence.

"We can't with an audience." Sirius reminded him

What were they working on? I instantly felt the need to know but reminded myself not to be nosy.

"Yeah sure!" I said, standing up and wandering over to the desk, where an old wizards chess set lay.

"What about me?" Remus said, pulling a dramatically sad face.

"You can be on blondie's team!" He answered.

"I'm capable of managing a team by myself." I said, crossing my arms. I was already getting the hang of this courage thing.

Sirius's eyes widened. Obviously he hadn't been expecting me to put our lessons into practice so soon.

"Unless you'd rather he was on my team? Then I'm sure we'd win, eh Moony?"

Remus grinned at Sirius, he obviously wanted to be on his team but I knew that I wouldn't win against the two of them.