"We Always Pull Through."

Two weeks had passed. My lessons with Sirius had been getting better and better and so had our friendship.

I had gotten stronger, noticed new muscles start to appear and even managed to beat him once or twice in combat. Then there was the dueling, I still wasn't sure why he needed my help with it, but I wasn't complaining. I had learnt new spells, new forms of defense, it seemed so easy when Sirius taught me.

We had become closer as friends, and consequently, Lily and I had sort of joined their little group, the six of us being with at least one other of us in most lessons.

James seemed to spend most of his time flirting with Lily. Remus was sweet, kind of like the mother hen of the four of them and Peter was the shy one, which didn't mean that he was any less of a member than the others, he was always the one with the good ideas.

Then there was Sirius. Before this year, I had always been a little scared of Sirius Black with his pure blood status and signature scowl, but I guess I was guilty of judging a book by its cover.

It was Monday, the 8th of November and Lily and I were sitting at the breakfast table, the four boys were nowhere to be found. It was odd, as the six of us had taken to eating breakfast together.

"I wonder where they are." I whispered to Lily, glancing around the great hall to look for them, but they were nowhere to be seen.

"Same." She replied, frowning a little at her cornflakes.

First lesson I had charms, usually I sat with Sirius in charms as we Lily hadn't taken it but when I entered the classroom, he was nowhere to be seen. I instantly felt a little worried. What if something had happened to him? Where were they?

The lesson seemed to last a life time as I sat on my own in silence, but eventually it was time for transfiguration.

All six of us took transfiguration so it was quite a shock to both Lily and I when we noticed the four boys seats were empty.

"I wonder where they are." I whispered to Lily.

"Probably bunking or something!" Lily replied.

"Miss Evans! I did not expect you of all people to be interrupting my lesson!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed, peaking at Lily from over the top of her half moon spectacles.

Lily pretended that she wasn't worried but I had known her long enough to know better. She didn't succeed casting a single transfiguration spell all lesson, and she was usually one of the best in the class.

It was a relief when the lesson finally ended.

"Umm... Evans? Archer? A word please." Professor McGonagall called out as we were about to leave.

We walked silently over to her desk.

"Yes Professor?" Lily asked sweetly.

"You're usually pretty good at transfiguration. One of the best in the class, what happened today?" McGonagall asked, her stony expression softening.

"I just couldn't do it... Sorry." She replied, her eyes fixated on the floor.

"Well, as head of Gryffindor house I suppose I can excuse you from next lesson, the boys could do with some visitors anyway." She replied softly, smiling at us both.

"Visitors? They're not bunking?" I asked.

McGonagall seemed shocked by my words, or it may have been the fact that I hardly spoke at all.

"Of course not, I don't allow that sort of thing in my house! They're in the hospital wing." She said, frowning a little.

Lily and I both looked at each other with bulging eyes. She grabbed my hand and began to run out of the room.