"I Need To Distance Myself From Sirius Black"

"No. Well, not exactly."

I quickly looked around. Flora was sitting at the end of her bed reading a book, but I couldn't see Marlene anywhere.

"Come on, we need to go somewhere." I said, pulling her by the arm.

I couldn't speak with Flora there, no matter how nice she was. I just couldn't.

Lily and I went down to the lake. It was almost eight o'clock so it was pretty dark, and cold, but we made it and sat down underneath a bare tree next to the lake.

"I'm looking forward to a story."

So I told her. I told her about our night out playing pranks. I told her about the kiss. I told her about everything that had lead up to that moment. And then I told her about what had just happened in the room of requirement. How I had hurt him. How he held my hand and bandaged my knuckles and kissed them both ever so softly. About how he asked what was wrong. And how I almost told him.

She sat and listened as I ranted about how he was messing me around.

"I haven't fallen for him Lily. I'm not that stupid. I just feel really confused and angry." I ended my ten minute long speech with.

"This is Sirius Black we're talking about. Flirting is in his nature. Girls are in his nature. Seren, the most important thing right now is for you to keep your heart safe, because he'll never change, and you're getting dangerously close to having your heart broken."

I sat there for a moment. She was right. I need to distance myself from Sirius Black.