"Thank Merlin For That."

I was given potion after potion that day, Lily skipped lessons to stay with me, and so did Sirius.

I quickly learned that after the incident, Sirius refused to leave my bedside. At first, Lily did too, but McGonagall had words with her and told her to go to lessons and she would be updated if anything happened. She tried the same with Sirius but it apparently it didn't work.

Madame Pomfrey had tried to get him to take something for his cuts and bruises but he had refused, telling her to care for me and Remus first.

It all made sense now. Why Remus was always ill and would spend days in the hospital.

Sirius explained to me that sometimes to keep him under control, it took them having to fight him a little. It wasn't usually that bad but he said that the sight of me and caused a lot of trouble and James had to sue his antlers to restrain Remus, hence why he was covered in cuts and bruises and was still in the hospital wing when I had awaken.

Nobody had asked me why I was out of bed that night. I suppose nobody wanted to make me feel as though it were my fault. I knew it was my fault, I shouldn't have been so stupid and so curious. I had caused injury not only to myself but to the rest of the boys too.

I needed to apologise to Remus next time I was alone with him.

I was quickly discharged from the hospital wing, along with Remus. I worried that people may find it a little suspicious, us both going into and leaving the hospital wing at the same time, but nobody asked any questions. Sirius then informed me that Dumbledore had made up some elaborate story and told everyone during breakfast the morning after the incident.

Of course, I was told that I couldn't tell Lily about this. They all trusted her, but everyone agreed that the less people that knew, the better. I suppose they were right and promised not to tell a soul.

It was a couple of days later when I was walking around the grounds with Sirius, on crutches that Madame Pomfrey had made for me.

The snow was now all gone, but little dew drops rested on the bright green blades beneath our feet.

I struggled with the crutches and tried not to show, but I knew that Sirius suspected me when he put his arm around me and guided me along.

"Blo-Seren... We haven't been to the room of requirement for a while have we?"

I noticed his slip up. He had been calling me Seren more and more lately, I hadn't noticed him call me blondie for ages.

"Why do you call me Seren now?" I asked, peering up at him.

He sighed and I could tell that he didn't want to reveal the answer.

"That nickname. Blondie. It was a way of distancing myself. I figure there's not much point in doing that any more." He said, stammering a little over his words and not looking in my direction.

I pushed myself up on the crutches and pressed a kiss to his lips. He instantly put his arms around me to support me and began kissing me back. I was just getting into it when he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, eyes still closed.

"Room of requirement?" He asked.

I gave out a breathy laugh and nodded against his head.

The next thing I knew, he had hauled me up into the air and was giving me a piggy back.

"Sirius!" I squealed.

"Enjoying the view up there?" He laughed, before breaking into a run.

It was awkward and bouncy and not at all comfortable but it made me laugh, and almost as though laughter was contagious, he began to laugh too.