My angel

"Please stay, PLEASE."

"Keep your eyes open."

"I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise."

The tears fall down and hit the unsuspecting ground.

AGE-13

"OLIVIA. GET DOWN HERE," the booming voice echoing against the fragile walls.

Olivia didn't know what she had done to anger him this time but she won't be able to ask him, because as soon as she went down those stairs her father had struck her across the face so hard her small frame fell to the hardwood floor.

"Why? Why do I have to be here, stuck with your ungrateful ass?" His veins prominent on his once pure face, his red rimmed eyes consuming his once beautiful blue eyes, and his voice, the one that used to sing her to sleep to chase away the nightmares has become a nightmare itself.

She stayed on the ground, she wouldn't dare trying to get up and falling because the weight of his words that were too heavy for her heart to carry. But she soon regretted her choice as she felt the tip of his boot connect to her already bruised stomach.

She cried out in pain.

"See that pain?" He bends down to her level.

"You caused me that pain, but soon that'll fade away but I will always make sure that it comes back. Over and over again," he whispers as she fades away.

***

Olivia was late to get home, she knew that a beating was waiting for her. And for each minute she was late, the pain of it would get worse. She picks up her pace as she runs down a shortcut that she doesn't usually use, and since she doesn't know the place well she didn't notice the big pole as she rammed into it, and fell back against a body.

"Ow..." Olivia said while looked down on the body that supported her fall. looked like a boy her age and had brown curls that are all over the place, she hadn't seen him anywhere before.

"Are you okay? you hurt?" The mysterious boy asks.

"Um... it's nothing, I'm fine," she said trying to get up, but the pain in her leg her dad inflicted had gotten worse because of the fall.

The boy sensed her struggle and helped her up.

"Oh, if it's nothing, then why are you struggling to even stand up?" With a hint of a worry in his voice.

"I... uh, I need to go," she said and started running home faster ignoring the searing pain in her leg, this time trying not to run into anything on her way.

***

The next day she woke up extra early so she won't be late to school this time and get detention. Going through her closet she hoped she would find something that isn't ripped or stained with blood, she hasn't had time to do laundry and her father only gives her money once a month and there is never any left for her to get new clothes.

Finally, she found a black t-shirt and some grey sweatpants. She rushed out of the house but made sure to not make any noise. Taking the new shortcut, she did yesterday she hopped she would find curly hair boy but with no luck she started walking to school.

"look who came to see me," She recognized that voice, turning around she saw curly hair boy playing with his Yo-Yo.

"I didn't come to see you... I always come from this way," She lied.

He looked at her with his shiny hazel eyes and pouted "So you don't want to see me, and there I was happy to see you again," he said looking at her faking like he was about to cry.

"No... I did want to come to see you" she admitted, falling for his trick, and after she realized what she had just said, she blushed.

"So, it's settled you're walking to school with me." He said with a stupid toothy smile that made her smile back.

"Okay..." She says and they start walking.

"I'll be your knight in shining armor," he said Suddenly, not even explaining why, with the brightest smile this girl had ever seen.

She starts laughing "Knight in shining armor? I barely know you... And who said I need one?" She shakes her head at him.

Nathan admires her laugh for a while before answering.

"Well since you're so clumsy and you run into things so I'm guessing you do need one, there's no refusing it," He said with a happy tone.

"What's your name?" She asked, changing the subject.

"OH, I never told you, the name is Nathan, Nathan baker," Nathan said with a big smile trying to be dramatic. There was something about Nathan that made Olivia feel okay for once, like she actually wanted to smile.

"And your name is...?" He eyed the girl. Nathan was simply intrigued by the girl next to him who was running like a wild girl yesterday, and he could easily tell that she was in pain but continued her run like it was normal, this one is a strong one, he decided.

"Olivia Westfall," She said with a smile.

"So what school do you go to?" Olivia asked. Olivia hasn't spoken to anyone this long in forever, and it felt nice, so she wanted to keep the conversation going.

"Norris junior high, what about you?" Nathan asked with a little of hope that they went to the same school.

"Oh me, I go to Centennial junior high."

As reached Olivia's school, Nathan smile faltered a bit because he has no friends at his school.

"So, I guess this is goodbye for now," Nathan said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Yeah..." She said and started walking away awkwardly. Everything she did was awkward, she thought herself as the most awkward person you'll ever meet and for her to be talking to someone without the other person making fun of her was strange.

"WAIT," Nathan said calling after her.

"What?" She said with an emotionless face.

"Will I get to see you again?" His eyes glimmer with hope.

"Sure..." She said with the same emotionless face

"Cool," Was what Nathan said before walking away with a little skip in his walk.

(A/N) if you enjoyed the chapter

Well hello there reader, thanks for clicking this book despite the terrible description, this book originally was gong to be co-written between me and @random_00 but we didn't have any ideas to finish it so we stopped but then i felt like i wanted to keep going after a while so here i am. And shes going to help me with ideas here and there, so enjoy :)))

..................................

a little message from her:

Comment

Vote

Follow

If you didn't like it feel free to exit no one is making you read the book

@random_00 AKA Otaku