"Fun"

Fun.

Something I haven't experienced in a long time that I actually forgotten how it felt. I sent Xavier my address but I actually sent him a few blocks down from my house. I didn't need my dad showing up and dragging me back in there and calling me every curse word he can think of.

Walking down to the place where I'm supposed to meet him, I feel something weird like someone was watching every step I take, every breath I breathe, and every move I make.

My heart starts beating a little faster as I speed up. Looking up I see a figure in all black with a mask on which I found weird and scary at the same time, and as the fear rose to my brain, I realized I needed to start running.

My feet hit the pavement with a bump and my heart synced to the sound to the point where it was the only thing I focused on as I ran for my life. Me being the idiot I looked behind me and there he was running after me; I was so scared I tripped.

Yes, I tripped.

As I fall to the ground with a heavy thud, I realize this is it. I was going to die, looking back at my predator in black, I don't see anything. No figure in black, no one chasing me, it was just me on the sidewalk with bloody palms from the fall.

Was I really imagining that? Or am I just paranoid and it was just a random stranger, that got creeped out of me because I was running like a lunatic.

I get up embarrassed with what just happened, dusted myself off and hoped no one saw that. I close my eyes in hope of calming my heart down, I hear a car coming my way so I open my eyes and there's Xavier in his sleek black mustang.

He stops right next to me and gives me a bright smile which is going to take some time getting used to cause I've only seen him smile a couple of times and it was actually cute.

"Hey Livy." Oh god that is one horrible nickname.

"Wow that's a horrible nickname," I say sending him a look of disgust.

"Awe c'mon it's an awesome nick name," a smirk took over his face.

"Please don't call me that," I look him in the eyes. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't stick.

"Are we going to debate nicknames all day or are you gonna get in the car?" Rolling my eyes at him I get in the car and sit on the amazing leather that felt amazing against my heated skin.

"You like the car?" he asks. Do I like the car? Yes, I freaking love it, just the fact the I was sitting in it made me happy.

"It's all right," I play it cool with a little shrug. He laughs.

"What's so funny?" I turn to him. He was still laughing and I couldn't help but chuckle his bright laugh was contagious. I actually laughed, and I haven't done that in a very long time. And the person to have caused it was the person who caused me pain for so long that just thinking about it made me stop.

I needed to loosen up, but not too much since I don't know his true motives.

"It's just you suck at lying, you always have. I remember when we were kids your ears would turn red when you lied," my heart crumbles a little but I brush it off.

I guess my lying skills haven't improved. My mom would always find out if I was lying, like when I found the cookie jar and had eaten all of them, she asked if it was me and I blamed it on my dad, she knew it was me though, even if he had taken the fall.

"Okay, fine I like the car," I admit with a sigh. "So anyways, where are we going?" I realized that we were driving to town.

"Well this new place opened up and apparently they serve the best cinnamon buns in town, so I wanted to check them out and see if they were better than the ones in Clarise. And I wanted a second opinion."