Green peas

Don't do this to me.

Please please please please please ple-

"You know what I've been craving? Some good old ice cream from Johnny's Ice Cream shop," Nate interrupts my unsettling chain of thoughts, looking straight ahead as he drives to the grocery store.

Annabeth was missing some stuff for the house so we volunteered to make the trip, yesterday's episode was forgotten about, Nate keeps trying to talk to me about it but I close him down, I don't need to be a bigger burden than I already am.

So, we blast some random pop music, let the windows down, and I breathe in the smell of wet grass, somehow comforting me. I watch the people pass by in a blur, and that's what they always will be in my mind, a blur. I want to stop them, ask how their day was, do they have a pet? What was their name? I want to be able to know the world.

But they continue to pass, and I continue to live.

"So, Ollie you up for some ice cream?" Nate beams at me.

"Yeah, I've been craving some cookie dough," It was me and Nate's favorite old ice cream place, the owner was always so nice to us and gave us free extra toppings, I always went for the peanut butter cups, and Nate would go for the m&m's.

"Alright ice cream it is," he whispers, sticking his tongue out in concentration as he tries park the jeep into a tiny spot.

"We're not gonna fit," I try to convince him as I look at the tiny space and at the big car.

"Yeup, there's no way we're going to fit," I say again.

"You just gotta believe ollie, JUST BELIEVE," he shouts in victory as he squeezes us in.

"And how are we supposed to get out?" I throw him a questioning look, as I'm barely able to open the door with hitting the car next to us.

"Trunk?"

_________________________

We finally manage to squeeze ourselves out of the back, and enter the grocery store, I'm still telling him how dumb he was for parking there as he grabs a shopping cart.

"It's not my fault I'm forgetful sometimes, you said I wouldn't fit and I took it as a challenge. I forgot about the getting out part," he smiles sheepishly.

I'm about to roll my eyes when a thought pops into my head.

"You can make it up to me," I smirk.

"How?" he looks at me questioningly as I grab onto the shopping cart in jump in.

"Push me around," I dramatically wave my hand around.

He sighs but continues to push my anyways, we go through each aisle while he reads of the things we need and I reach for them. We continue like this until he stops and looks me eyes with a little mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Oh no."

"Don't you dare Nate."

"Do-"

I try holding in my squeal as he goes full speed down the aisle, holding on for dear life I notice he's about to make a turn and he has no plans on stopping or slowing down.

"Nate slow down, you're gonna kill me!" I try warning him but he only speeds up.

We near the corner and starts turning and shouts,

"Hold on!"

If this is the way I die, I'm going to kill him.

My grip tightens on the shipping cart, and he starts turning. The cart wheels screech as he takes the sharp turn and my body presses against the rough metal, and this time I don't even bother hiding my squeal as I slowly tip over.