Forgiveness

My trust.

He wanted my trust.

Easier said than done since he had broken it many years ago and left it to rot. Now we have to build it all over, for what? So he can tell my something important. What if it wasn't worth it? What if this was all a trick, to earn my trust then just break it and step all over me again.

But curiosity was eating away at my insides begging for answers, maybe it's an explanation as to why he's been ignoring me after all these years, it's always been so painful after he had stopped speaking to me, I doubted myself and my friendship. Questions like, was I a bad friend? Did I hurt him? Did I do something wrong? Or does everyone just hate me.

And he had chosen to leave me in the worst time in my life.

I might be pathetic or just desperate for giving him any chance to earn my trust but I really want this to be real, it may not be easy to forget everything he did to me but as my mom always use to tell me, forgive not forget. Her voice hit me as I remembered something she had always told me:

'When you chose to forgive those who hurt you, you take away their power.' Her angelic voice rang through my ears as a lone tear slipped.

I don't know where she came up with those, I once thought she got them from google, but then I realized how smart and kind she was so it really wasn't a surprise when every word that came from her mouth was graceful and beautiful.

I wipe the tear away furiously. I can never cry or I won't stop, I liked to keep all my emotions bottled up because if that screw pops off and everything spills out. then I would be exposed for the world to see. I can't allow any of that to happen, I need to swallow it all away.

I ripped myself out of the warm blankets and went to take a shower, I needed to start cleaning the house cause he's gonna be back from yesterday's trip to the bar, he's gonna be drunk and violent, I have to prepare myself for that.

After my short and cold shower -the hot water is broken and he won't fix it- I get dressed in a plaid button up and rolled up jeans, something simple for when I have to leave. He basically kicks me out to 'chill' with his friends.

I cleaned up downstairs and my room, and on my way to the kitchen to grab something to eat I realized the door to my dad's room was open. He usually always makes sure the door was locked when he left and I can't remember the last time he left it open or when I saw the inside of that room.

I know I shouldn't but curiosity got the best of me and my feet carried me towards the open door and as soon as I stepped inside the room, everything came rushing back.

*Flashback*

"MOMMY HES AFTER ME" I run towards mommy who was laying on the bed with an alarmed expression but as soon as she sees my dad chasing after me with a grin on his face she laughs.

"I'm gonna get you little munckin" He reaches out to me, I squeal and get under the covers next to my mom.

"Darren stop you're scaring her" She scolds my dad.

"Awe honey don't worry I would never hurt you" He pulls me out from under the covers and we lay there while mama reads us a story and we fall asleep.

So much for never hurting me.

Looking around the room, its surprisingly really clean, but then again, he never actually sleeps here. It's exactly as I remember it, everything is still in place even the picture of the three of us all together, just looking at her face almost made my knees buckle and cause my eyes to blur. I unconsciously move towards the picture but as soon as I pick it up something falls from the frame.

It's a piece of paper. What's a piece of paper doing there?

I pick it up and unfold it, I see a number written (555-3618). It was probably just a number where my father can get drugs from but there was something familiar about the note and I just couldn't put my finger on it. I don't know why I just didn't throw it away, so I tucked it into my back pocket.

As I'm about to leave I hear a floor board creek. Oh shit.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" His voice sounds like the calm before a storm.

"N-nothing I was just gonna clean your room, but it was clean so I was about to leave." I say with a shaky voice hoping he would believe me.

"I told you to never step into this room again" I hear his steps getting closer as he comes up behind me.

"'I'm sorry, I'll leave right now" I head towards the door but two steps in, he grabs my hair and pulls me back.

I was never this scared in my life because I was used to his yelling and screaming but right now, he was quiet which was terrifying. He tightens his fist around my hair and it feels like he's slowly pulling my brains out and looking into my thoughts.

"If I ever, I mean ever see you in hear again I will kill you, understand?" His venomous voice whispers in my ear, and something about the way he said kill, makes by bones shiver.

"Yes" I simply say. But he wasn't having any of it and his hand tightens around my hair.

"Yes what?" With his grip tightening each second and I can feel the hairs being pulled out.

"Yes, I understand." I let out an embarrassing whimper which causes him to drag me towards the door and throw me against the floor along with slamming the door shut, me being my stupid and clumsy self I reach my hand out to stop the fall, my hand slips causing it to twist, I let out a squeal of pain. I really hope it isn't sprained cause I just don't feel like going through the process of a sprained wrist, it made cleaning the house ten times worse.

Getting up and heading towards my room to grab some money and my phone I hear something crash and the noise was coming from his room, it was probably his drunk ass tripping on something, not paying the noise any more attention I head out towards the door and just as I step out I get a text from an unknown number. Which was weird cause the only thing I use my phone for is to make a call for a taxi if I get lost or something. I look at the text which even creeps me out more.

Unknown: You busy today?

Me: Who is this?

Unknown: Its Xavier.

Me: how did you get my number?

I change the contact name to Xavier.

Xavier: That's for me to know and for you to never find out.

I roll my eyes at that.

Xavier: Anyways, you busy? I wanna work on this trust thing. The sooner the better, plus I know the best way to do it. We can hang out at this new place in town.

My heart stops at this, someone wants to hang out with me? I've never really done that with anyone but Nathan. Is it a trick? is he just going to stand me up and laugh in my face? I really am over thinking this.

Me: okay.

Xavier: Cool, where do you want me to pick you up?

I give him the address and said that he'll be there in 10 minutes, I'm actually going to hang out with someone, my usual day would just be my walking around or sitting alone in the park which isn't such a bad thing, but it's nice to be around someone for a change. I guess it's going to be a one weird night.

Little did I know it would be weirder than I thought. 

________________________________________________________________________________

A\N 

I know I know this chapter took forever, but I didn't just want to throw together a chapter i wanted to really work on it, and no one is really reading it so once i get more readers maybe ill have an updating schedule, so to whoever is currently reading this thank you :)

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE only if you want to though

All the love Xx

And tell me what you think of this chapter and how you think this hangout thing is gonna go?