"Home"

I've been in the hospital for 2 days. It's been hell sitting here and being able to do nothing while Xavier is still missing, but there's not much I can do from a hospital bed. But today Nate told me that I get to leave this place and come "home" with him.

I had no intention of free loading at their house, I'm going to still have my job at the café, which thankfully when I called my boss and explained my situation she was more than understanding and told me to take my time to heal and that my job will be waiting for me, bless that woman's soul. I'll be able to pay Nathans father for letting me stay there, I don't know how much I should give him each month. Probably 100 dollars a month cause that's all I can afford, of course ill buy my own groceries and even for the whole house.

I've been saving up for college for as long as I can remember, I might not have enough yet but with the help of financial aid and my savings I might make it. I've always wanted to go to UCLA, my dream college. I would dream of the day where I could escape my dad's clutches and finally be happy.

I currently have a 4.0 GPA at school, I've been trying to maintain it since freshmen years in hopes of me getting in to UCLA. And then it hits me, it's Tuesday. I missed school today, it hadn't even crossed my mind these passed two days.

It's not long until summer break which starts next week. Thank god I had already done my finals essays and turned them in early. I guess not everything has turned into complete shit.

"Hey," Nate bursts into the room holding two Styrofoam cups in his hand.

I don't even flinch at his sudden burst inside.

"It amazes me how you don't even move every time I try to scare you," He says with his signature smile.

"Maybe your jump scares just suck," I taunt him.

"We both know that's not true. I have a medal of number one jump scares, but you're not worthy enough to lay your eyes upon it," he pretends to put a protective hand on his jacket pocket.

I pretend to pout. "Awe, how will I ever move on with my life without seeing it?"

He laughs and hands me one of the cups he's holding, I assume its coffee and sigh.

"Thanks," I tell him even though I hate coffee.

"Do you really think I would get you coffee Ollie? I didn't know you thought so low of me, how could I forget the two-hour rant you had about how coffee should be burned to nothingness and never be spoken of?" He chuckles.

"Well my statement still stands, it's disgusting," I couldn't believe he remembered my distaste for coffee, but I mean when he says two-hour rant, he really means two hours.

"Well then what is it?" I question.

"It's obliviously peppermint tea," I almost cry of happiness.

"You are truly the bestest person ever," I smile at him, smelling the contents of the cup, and surely, the aroma of mint tea invades my nostrils.

"I thought bestest wasn't a word?" He tilts his head in a cute way.

"Well it is now," I say taking a sip of the tea, and it's really good for hospital tea.

I don't notice the bag in his hand till he hands it to me.

"I got you some clothes to change into, a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt, and of course some clean underwear," He smiles cheekily. I probably shouldn't die of embarrassment because so what? Everybody wears underwear, you should be embarrassed if you don't.

But the idea of him trying to imagine what would fit me and bra shopping for me makes me want to die.

"Thank you," I try to hide my flamed cheeks.