last day

Olivia's POV -AGE 15-

Today was a particularly bad day, evidence of that was the giant bruise and cut on my forehead, thanks to dear old dad. Maybe he thought my forehead said recycling bin and decided to be helpful to the environment, which is better than no explanation.

On my way to school I try my best to avoid Nate, because I wasn't ready to talk about what happened this morning. Even though he always found out in the end, I just needed a little time.

God this part never gets any easier, the walk through the damn entrance, where you feel like everyone around you is burning holes into you, when really no one gives a crap about what you're doing, because they're all too busy dealing with their own problems.

I feel my palms sweating and hot red blush settling in from my neck up, my jittery hands start wringing out my fingers.

As I try to walk to class faster, I felt something push me hard into the nearby lockers.

I really am getting sick of people pushing me around.

"Well look what we have here," A male's voice said. I look up to see the one and only Ethan in front of me with a smirk on his face, which i would love to slap off.

"Looks like someone left the trash here."

"Leave me alone Ethan," I say with a defeated sigh, his timing for torture really was impeccable.

Ethan was one of Xavier Jordan's friends, one of the many assholes in my life.

Xavier Jordan and I were best buddies, but now, we're not. Till this day I haven't figured out why he ditched me, why he suddenly deemed me unworthy of being his friend, after all those times I protected him from bullies, comforted him when he needed it, then out if nowhere he pretends I don't exist, won't even look me in the eye, and preceded to make friends with the people who torment me the most.

I never understood why he just lets his friends do his bidding, but never man up and just do it himself.

"Now why would I do that," he said tilting his head, before I can respond I felt pain run throw my whole body and I was on the ground. Do I also have a freaking bullseye next to the recycling sign?

"Now we just wait for someone to pick up the trash," he nudges me with his big ass foot.

Wow is that all you got?

His eyes squint at me, damn I said that out loud, Didn't I?

"OLIVIAAAAAAAA," I hear a familiar voice yelling across the hall. Oh god, this isn't going to go well, I mentally face palm.

"Huh?" Ethan looks back confused.

"LEAVE HER ALONE YOU BASTARD," he yells.

Idiot.

"Nathan please don't. You're just going to make things worse," I get up from my place on the ground and move towards him, flinching with each movement. I try to reason with him but he won't listen, he loves the fact that he's the 'Knight in shining armor', and he sometimes takes his role too far. I mean I love that he wants to protect me but I don't want to drag him into this, and I can more than handle myself.

Ever since he moved schools after a couple of months into our friendship, he's always been by my side. When he managed to pull out the truth about my father, it took me a long time to convince him that I can handle it. Which is much better than him doing something stupid, that'll most likely end up in a disaster.

"It's okay Nate, I'm fine let's just go," I try to convince him.

"Ollie, he hurt you," he turns to me with a soft expression on his face.