Fool

*RINNGGG*

Finally, the last bell rang allowing me to stop the notes I was furiously writing down. It was the last period and it was time to go home. Today kind of dragged on and took forever to end but school wasn't the problem, it was the people that occupied it. Sighing, I realized that I have to go home and it was Friday.

Yes, I wasn't happy about the weekend like any normal teenager. I hated the idea of being home, serving his every command and be at his drunk friend's beck and call, and when he was done with me he would tell me to leave the house so his other friends can come and join them, then our house would turn into a crack house.

This happened every damn Friday. And the perverted stares I got from his friends that seem to not have taken a shower in a month was not something I can get used to without gaging.

Looking around I see everyone skipping happily out of class making plans with the people around them. I'm guessing it's another party, even if I was interested in going I wouldn't even be invited.

Grabbing my things and shoving it into my backpack that looks like it's about to fall apart but still carrying the weight of my books. Makes me realize that, that's how I feel right now. Torn, beat up, and hanging on for dear life.

Wow I just compared my life to a torn-up backpack. Can I get anymore pathetic?

I snap out of it and head towards that exit. As I step out, the one and only Xavier asshole is in front of me, which doesn't surprise me since I've been avoiding him all day and even hid in the library. I don't know where this sudden urge to talk to me is coming from because he hasn't said a word to me in years, so what this was about, I dont know, but I wasn't eager to find out either.

And knowing it wasn't going to be pleasant makes me groan internally. I was not in the mood for this, I never am but right now I was specially not in the mood.

"What do you want Xavier?" I say with a bitter tone in my voice the goes unnoticed by him.

"Can we talk? Please?" An urgent tone in his voice.

I laugh, I was not going to fall for his tricks.

"No, now move" I try to push him out of the way but of course his muscular frame wouldn't budge.

"Look I know you hate for what I've done but-"

I cut him off not being able to listen to another world of bullshit come out.

"Oh, you mean when we used to be friends you pulled a 180 on me after my mom died? When I needed you there you weren't Xavier. I was there for you through the bullying, then you suddenly just disappear on me? And now you let your friends bully me. Why don't you man up and do it yourself huh?" I step up to him in his face, closing the distance between us, leaving a shred of space between our bodies and look him in the eye for the first time in years. I don't know where this outburst came from but I really needed to know the answer. I didn't care that there was a bunch of people staring at out interaction.

We both go quiet, just standing there as he searches for something in my eyes unknown to me. Our breathing heavy, mine angry, and his desperate.

I grew more and more agitated as the seconds ticked by and I was still talking to him, so I slip under the arm he has perched against the door.

But of course, with my luck he doesn't get the hint to leave me alone.

"Listen to me Olivia!"

He grabs my wrist and turns me around with so much force that I hit his chest and fall backwards.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." He tries to help me but I push his hand away. I am capable of getting up by myself.

"Nothing I'm not used to, am I right?" I say and give him the most fake grin that I can muster then turn my back from him and push through the small crowd formed.

Thank god, he didn't follow me, because I really am tired of hearing his lies. I just need to go home serve my sorry excuse of a father and his friends until he tells me to leave, then grab my book and leave to the cafe where I always go when I need to unwind.

The owner is really kind to me, she hired me after a month of me going there and realizing I needed a job, and I work there after school on weekdays till 5 pm, then I get Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.

I love working there, everyone around me is so nice and kind, sans a couple of angry costumers, it was one of the few things in life that I loved.

Not noticing that I was walking across a street I hear a noise next to me and before I can comprehend what's happening, everything is going slow motion when I realize there's a truck coming towards me, and for a second, I'm okay with dying, at least this life will be over. The most morbid thing was to die, but at least I'll be free.

I really don't mind that this pain will end, and as it gets a couple inches away from me a force behind me pushes me out of the way and we go tumbling down next to the sidewalk.

"ARE YOU CRAZY? WHY DIDN'T YOU MOVE." I look up at the shocked face on top of me.

It was Xavier.

Xavier actually saved my life. Wow.

What is happening?

"Are you deaf?? didn't you hear me? I said why didn't you move? Or even look where you were going?" He genuinely looks scared that I almost died.

That's not right, he shouldn't care if I lived or died, no one should care if I lived or died.

"No, I'm not deaf, and I didn't see the car coming. Why do you even care? it's not like it has any effect on you." I get up from under him. I really should be thanking him though.

"Oh wow. Really? Do you ha-" Before he can say anything I interrupt him.

"Thank you. For, you know... saving my life, or getting a bad bruise," I say looking down with a chuckle.

I just thanked Xavier Jordan, my tormentor. This day was full of surprises.

"So, does me saving your life give me a chance to talk?" He says with a hopeful and desperate look in his eyes. What was so important that he needed to talk about so bad?

I was getting more and more curious by the second.

"Yes, yes it does."

He lets go a breath of relief. "Good but for you to believe me I need your trust."

He needed my trust? It's not like I can just give it to him in box and just be like here you go, its all yours.

"Xavier, I-" I don't get the chance to tell him off because he cuts me off.

"Yes, I know I have to work for it and trust me I will," He smiles at me and walks away.

Well that was weird. 

A/N

HEY THERE WHOEVER READS THIS

Thanks for reading. :0 :)

This update took forever sorry. I didn't know if jack deserves her forgiveness but he saved her life so why not?

Do you guys agree? or are you pissed?

Oh btw my friend, my buddy, my pal @seekNdestroy000 is writing a book and the 1st chapter is up AND ITS AWESOME go read it and give her some love:)