015

:: DAY SIX
—8:21 PM KST

outgoing call to NAMFAM !

dialing . . .

dialing . . .

NAMJOON : [ slightly groggy ] hello?

YOONGI : [ chuckles a little ] namjoon, have you been sleeping? you sound kind of hoarse.

NAMJOON : i was taking a nap. what'd you call me for, though? do you need money or something? [ pauses ] that was a joke. i have, like, no money.

YOONGI : no, you idiot. i don't need your money. how much do you know about doppelgängers?

NAMJOON : come again?

YOONGI : dop. pel. gäng. ers. doppelgängers.

NAMJOON : hm...well, i've heard of 'em. they like, look like you, don't they?

YOONGI : yeah, but do they go around and kill people whilst pretending to be you?

NAMJOON : man, say what?

YOONGI : please, namjoon. have you had any experience with doppelgängers? you're pretty famous and all, being a rapper, y'know? there's gotta be people pretending...or, um, wanting to be you.

NAMJOON : yeah, i guess...but they never pretended to be me. on social media, i guess. and i've had a couple stalkers. but wait, did you say...kill people?

YOONGI : yes! [ slightly exasperated and annoyed ] i feel like he's going to kill me—

NAMJOON : dude, no one is trying to kill you. seriously.

YOONGI : well, i'm staying here alone and i'm...i'm...i'm a little scared.

NAMJOON : aw, where did taehyung go? your roommate?

YOONGI : ...he left because he didn't believe me.

NAMJOON : wait, believe you for what?

YOONGI : that i wasn't the one going around and killing people. i swear, i'm not the one on a fucking killing spree!

NAMJOON : wait, that series of murders going around in your area...it's you? i mean, your doppelgänger?

YOONGI : yes! have you even been listening?

NAMJOON : [ after a long silence ] look, i'm really busy right now. i'm sorry. my mind has been drifting off and stuff.

YOONGI : ...namjoon, don't tell me that you don't believe me either.

NAMJOON : no, no, no. i believe you, i guess. just...talk to me later. i'm sorry.

YOONGI : wait, why are you so busy at this time? are you—

NAMJOON : [ CALL ENDED : 5:11 ]