046

:: DAY NINE
—5:09 AM KST

JEONGGUK : [ peels off the tape from yoongi's lips ] sorry for the inconvenience. i just wanted to finish my story. [ smiles sweetly ]

YOONGI : [ breathes heavily, energy drained and face pale; he tries to calm down his heart rate by breathing in through his nose and exhaling through his mouth ] you...are crazy. answer me, jeongguk, answer the question that you've been avoiding—where is hoseok, taehyung, and namjoon? what have you done?

JEONGGUK : [ smiles widely ] what do you think i have done?

YOONGI : you couldn't have killed them...right? [ his breathing becomes more frantic ] jeongguk!

JEONGGUK : that's a secret for later. [ laughs ]

YOONGI : what—what made you think i'd like this? why the fuck was all this necessary? it was such an extra thing to do! dammit!

JEONGGUK : to capture your attention, of course. what else? [ laughs solemnly ] you deserve this attention, yoongi. the attention you never got from your peers; it's all here now. your face is all over the television, yoongi, just like how i visioned it to be. isn't it great? [ laughs again, smiling at yoongi afterward in satisfaction ]

YOONGI : no, you...you hoe. i'm a wanted criminal now, for things that i didn't even do! what made you think that this would be a good idea?

JEONGGUK : [ smile fades into a pout ] i just thought you would like the attention and the fame, that's all. and...i...i really wanted to...get your...attention...

YOONGI : [ grits teeth ] you couldn't have done it like any other normal person would? like, i don't know, introduce yourself to me and get to know me better instead of trying to be me and killing all these fucking people?

JEONGGUK : [ smiles widely again ] i thought it was a creative method. [ giggles ] oh, yoongi. i adore you so much. you're an idol in my eyes; i would do anything to be you. anything. it went so far that i studied your facial structures, and everything about you—do you want to see?

YOONGI : no, i don't. i just...i just want you to tell me where my friends are.

JEONGGUK : [ ignores yoongi and walks towards the bed, pulling a black suitcase—the one that yoongi saw before—and opening it, revealing its contents ] i used this laptop and the software to compare your face to mine and how i'd change my features to look like yours—it took me a while, actually, to get clear shots of your face. if you caught me, you would've thought that i was a stalker. [ pauses before laughing ] oh, well i guess i am.

YOONGI : [ hangs his head, mumbles under breath ] ...son of a bitch.

JEONGGUK : here is the rubber plaster that i used to outline this statue head—when it hardens, i place it over my own head, merging it together with the other supplies i have here. i'd give you more details, but i'd like to move on from this subject. it's quite boring, no?

YOONGI : i just want to be freed from this p—

JEONGGUK : [ interjects ] didn't you ever hear about doppelgangers? they say that when a doppelganger meets their counterpart, one of them dies. in our case, it certainly won't be me. [ laughs loudly ]

[ a / n ] ;
there's like three more chapters bear with me <3 i am so excited to complete my first ever bts fanfic omg