Chapter 8- Pictures, Kisses, And Calls

Everyone ate in silence. Scarlet notice Mark had a light pink tint to his cheeks as he ate. 'It wasn't such a big deal...' Scarlet thought, remembering the events that had happened earlier.

...

"Mark! Wait Scarl-"

That was the only warning both Scarlet and Mark got before Mark entered the bathroom. Scarlet was about to walk out when she suddenly crashed into someone. She fell onto the floor and had landed on something (More like someONE). Scarlet looked up to see Mark, rubbing the back of his head with one hand while the other was... resting on her... bottom...

Mark looked at his hand and quickly scrambled to his feet. He helped Scarlet up, intentionally avoiding her gaze.

...

Scarlet stifled a laugh, gaining both Mark's and (Y/N)'s attention. She looked at (Y/N)'s face and realized she stifled a laugh as well. Mark however was not very amused. He blushed embarrassingly as they burst out laughing.

Scarlet waited for the laughter to die down before speaking. "So... how's the food?" She asked, keeping her eyes down on her plate. "It's amazing Scarlet!" (Y/N) smiled, patting her shoulder. Mark agreed with a mouthful of food. They laughed once more and continued eating.

***

"Mark stop!" (Y/N) yelled as she felt his fingers tickling her sides. Scarlet giggled as she tried to beat Mark off with a pillow. "SAY IT!" Mark shouted. (Y/N) shook her head as she tried to hold in laughter. "(Y/N) just say it!" Scarlet yelled, still hitting Mark with the pillow. "NEVER!" (Y/N) laughed. Mark continued tickling her sides until she finally broke. "ALRIGHT! I'LL SAY IT! MARK YOU ARE THE MOST FABULOUS PERSON IN THIS ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!" (Y/N) yelled. "AND?" He tickled her even more. "AND... AND I BOW MY HEAD TO YOU, OH ALMIGHTY... FABULOUS ONE!" Mark stopped tickling and let (Y/N) take a breath. He whipped his head around at Scarlet and grinned. "Uh-oh..." Scarlet quickly dropped the pillow and ran to her room. "I ALMOST FORGOT I HAVE... STUFF TO DO!" She yelled as she ran away. "Coward!" (Y/N) yelled at her, laughing. Mark got up from the floor and plopped down on the couch. (Y/N) got up as well but didn't sit down.

Mark grabbed a fistful of (Y/N)'s shirt and pulled her down to sit on the couch but instead she had fallen onto his lap. They refused to make eye contact as (Y/N) got up and sat down next to him. "So..." Mark began, still no daring to look her way. Before he could continue, Scarlet popped out from behind the couch and plopped down in between her friends. "I sensed some awkward tension and came as fast as I could." She smiled as Mark got up and checked his phone. His eyes widen at the screen before turning it off. "I have to go now, Thanks for the lovely dinner Scarlet." Mark looked at (Y/N), didn't say a word and headed towards the door.

(Y/N) and Scarlet shared a look before getting up. "Go after him." Scarlet whispered, (Y/N) nodded and quickly ran out the door. She caught up to Mark just before he entered his car. "Hey? Is everything all right?" She asked, concern filling her voice and lacing her words. Mark turned to look at her and sighed. "I'm sorry... When we were at the park, a fan must've seen us because this..." Mark showed her the picture someone had posted on his Twitter. "Is going around." (Y/N) took the phone from his hand and studied the picture.

Even though her face was hidden that didn't stop Mark's fans from calling (Y/N) his girlfriend and a lot of other words. She felt her eyes begin to water as Mark took his phone back. He hugged her tightly and let her cry on his shoulder for a bit. He pulled away after a while but kept his hands on her shoulders. "Don't let the hate get to you, okay? Don't let their words hurt you. You are none of the things they say. You are beautiful, smart, sweet... But most importantly..." Mark and (Y/N) stared into each other's eyes. "You are (Y/N), you're true to yourself and that is what matters most." He finished his speech and felt a pair of lips on his.

(Y/N) felt Mark kiss her back after a few seconds. His phone beeped and they quickly pulled away. Scarlet had replied to the haters with her own little speech about Mark and (Y/N) being childhood friends and that they loved each other very much and how people should mind their own business and finished it off with "They cute AF anyways!"

Mark put away his phone and laughed along with (Y/N). He looked down at her and lean his forehead on hers. They kissed once more before someone messaged Mark. "It's Jack." He smiled, taking out his phone. "He heard about what happened and wants to talk. Hold on." Mark pressed the call button and put it on speaker.

"Hey Mark, is everything okay over there? I just saw the picture." Jack's voice filled the empty night sky. "I'm fine, Jack you're on speaker by the way." Mark smiled at (Y/N). "Oh? Why am I on speaker?" Jack asked. "The girl in the picture is right next to me..." (Y/N) giggled as Mark's voice trailed off. "Oh... Umm... Hello Mark's... Girlfriend?" Jack said, still sounding very confused. "We aren't dating..." (Y/N) began, looking at Mark. "Just assumptions made by fans..." Mark finished, looking back at (Y/N).

An uncomfortable silence fell onto the three. Jack cleared his throat, startling (Y/N). "Well... Mark, if you want I can come down to California and hang out to clear your mind of it?" He suggested. (Y/N) watched as Mark smiled for a second before answering. "That'd be great Jack, thank you." Came his reply, his words sounding sweet and comforting. (Y/N) looked at her feet, wrapping her arms around herself. "Alright Mark, I'll be there in a few days." And with that the two hung up.

Yay Jack is coming to save the dayyyy~

What will happen? Who know?! I do >:3 but you have to wait until tomorrow to find out!

I'm sorry XD I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though and i will hopefully see you in the next one

Stay nerdy :*