Chapter 12- Stars Within A Lover's Eyes

Mark looked at a familiar figure in front of him. He realized it looked like a younger (Y/N) and smiled. "Mark! Mark!" (Y/N) yelled, trying to get his attention. "Yes?" Mark replied in a voice that didn't sound like his own. "Want to climb the tree again?" She asked, grabbing onto his arms. "Aren't you afraid of heights?" Mark stated. "No, when I'm with you I'm not afraid of anything!" She giggled as she began dragging him a big tree nearby. "Really?" He smirked, planting himself so (Y/N) couldn't push him any further.

"So, you aren't afraid of monsters?"

"Only if you're there with me I'm not!"

"Not even dogs?"

"Nope!"

"Bears?"

"Nope!"

"Dragons?"

"They don't exist!"

"Hmm... Then what about... Tickles!"

Before (Y/N) had a chance to react, Mark began tickling her. She giggled uncontrollably as she tried to get away from him. "Mark! Stop!" She yelled. He stopped to let her catch her breath and put her onto his back. "We can come later to climb the tree and look at the stars, let's go home for now, okay?" Mark smiled, looking over at (Y/N). She nodded her head and smiled back.

The next thing Mark knew, it was nighttime and he was waiting on someone's doorsteps. (Y/N) came out of the house and smiled at Mark. "Why didn't you head out to the tree? We could have met up there." (Y/N) tilted her head in confusion. "I didn't want you to walk alone, I know you're still scared of the dark so I wanted to walk with you there... So you wouldn't be afraid." Mark answered, grabbing (Y/N)'s hand. (Y/N) was at lost for words as she looked down at their hands, smiling softly for a moment as her cheeks dusted themselves bright pink. "Now let's go!" Mark smiled back.

As soon as they got to the tree, Mark helped (Y/N) up before climbing as well. Mark sat with his back to the tree, legs on either side. (Y/N) sat in front of him with her back against his chest and looked at the starry night skies. Mark pointed out the constellations to (Y/N) and smiled widely as he spoke. "I know it's weird for me to talk about space and that kind of stuff for this long..." Mark voice trailed off. (Y/N) turned around slightly and looked at him. "It's not weird, I like when you talk about this stuff. It's cute to watch you talk about space for hours and hours. Your eyes seem to trap the stars whenever you talk about it and it makes me happy." (Y/N) smiled as Mark looked away. He could tell his cheeks were bright red and hoped (Y/N) couldn't tell.

(Y/N) turned back at the sky and snuggled closer to Mark. "Please, tell me more about space... Before you leave tomorrow..." She mumbled. Mark hugged (Y/N) and felt himself shake out a quiet sob. (Y/N) turned around again and hugged him back. "I'm sorry, your mom told me... Why didn't you tell me before?" She asked, holding back her own sob as best as she could. "I-I was going to tell you while we were here b-but I didn't want you to feel sad... I just wanted to look at the stars all night with you until I had to leave..." Mark replied. (Y/N) pulled away and wiped away Mark's tears, forcing a smile. "It's okay, we can be here for as long as you want." Her eyes glistened with tears as she turned back. Mark wrapped his arms around her waist and continued to talk about space until the sun came up. They enjoyed the sunrise together before it was time for Mark to head to the airport.

...

Mark woke up and immediately saw (Y/N) laying in his arms, still asleep. He looked out her window and saw it was still night. He looked at the clock and saw the sun wouldn't rise for another two hours or so. "(Y/N)." Mark called, shaking her softly. "Hmm?" She mumbled as she rolled over to face him. "Wake up, I want to look at the stars with you." He smiled when she sat up suddenly.

Mark pulled on his shirt and waited for (Y/N) as she put on her shoes. They walked hand in hand to the tree next to (Y/N)'s house and climbed it. Mark sat with his back against the tree and legs dangling from either side, (Y/N) sat with her back against Mark's chest. They looked at the sky for an hour and talked back and forth until (Y/N) snuggled up against Mark. "What's wrong? Are you tired?" He asked, feeling sorry for waking her up before. "No, I just... Why did you suddenly want to look at the stars with me?" She answered. Mark smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her tightly as if she might slip away from his grasp. He began telling her about his dream and watched a smile danced its way onto her face.

"Mark that was years ago, I can't believe you dreamed of that." (Y/N) looked back at him before pulling him into a kiss. Mark kissed back almost immediately but pulled away just as he realized the sun was coming up. (Y/N) turned to look at the sky, enjoying the sunrise with Mark. She looked at him and saw the way his brown eyes seemed to capture the sun, the chocolate color from before look as if it had melted. They were nothing compared to how they looked before.

She enjoyed the rest of the morning until she has gotten a call from Scarlet's phone. "Hello?" (Y/N) answered. "(Y/N)! Scarlet fainted this morning and hurt her head and she started bleeding, I got scared so I drove her to the hospital and now they won't let me see her and... I'm scared (Y/N)..." Jack whimpered as he tried to keep his voice from cracking. "D-don't worry Jack. I'm on my way with Mark." And with that, she hung up.

She quickly climbed down the tree and raced inside to get her keys. Mark pulled on some pants but didn't say a word. As (Y/N) drove, Mark held (Y/N)'s hand and felt it shaking softly. He looked over and saw she was desperately trying to hold back tears. (Y/N) stopped at a red light and looked up at Mark. He pulled her in for a quick kiss and squeezed her hand to reassure her that everything will be alright.

This chapter is dedicated to all my brown-eyed people! If you believe your eyes are dull and common (I do believe this myself sometimes) They really aren't

Blue or green or gray eyes are amazing and all but someone with brown eyes are just as amazing. Stay nerdy, my friends~

~Nerd ^.^