[Chapter Six]

They've always said New York is a place where dreams are made, or crushed

They've always said New York is a place where dreams are made, or crushed. I hope being in New York brings some dreams into the reality zone.

"I have a work meeting this morning, which allows you to prepare for the meeting this afternoon," he explains as we walk out of the airport and into taxi zone.

We luckily find a free taxi and quickly hop in. Dad instructs the driver where to go, while I hang back and chill out. I watch the bustling city fly past the window as we dive along the street. I can't believe I made it out of my home town, let alone somewhere as magical as this.

When we arrive out the front, I'm shocked. I can't believe we're saying somewhere that looks this posh and sophisticated. Then again, Dad is the best at his job so he would be placed somewhere like this.

I help Dad gather out belonging for a swift entry. I strap my guitar to my back then take one suitcase in either hands. I shuffle towards the elevator while Dad goes to the check-in desk to acquire the key card. When he comes back, he's got a golden card which gives us access to the elevator.

"We're on one of the top floors, we're going to love the beautiful view." Dad presses a few buttons on the elevator key pad and then scans the hotel key card. The doors then open and we get inside for a short lift.

We walk down a couple of halls before arriving in front of our hotel door. Dad quickly slides the key card through and we're greeted with s stunning spacious room. There's a small wall as you walk in with a grand mirror - which acts as a barrier for privacy. I walk towards the left and see the beautifully stilled living room and the open kitchen to the right.

What catches my eyes is the stunning full length windows which open the room up to the enchanting view of the city buildings. Behind me is another door which I find leads to a bedroom with the same stunning view. I could easily get used to this lifestyle.

I offload my belongings and continue to explore the room. As I'm searching through stuff, Dad comes out of his room dressed in a formal suit.

"I'll be back in two hours. Don't forget to eat breakfast before we leave." Dad walks up to me and kisses my forehead, and then leaves with just his briefcase.

"Have fun." I smile.

I walk into the kitchen in search of a food menu. There's a small leather binder book with menu written across in fancy golden letters. I flick through the pages to find the breakfast section. The first thing my eyes lay upon is the beautifully crafted serve of pancakes. My mouth instantly waters with the prospect of having these for breakfast.

The menu instructs to press the number two button to go to room service. I find the wireless phone in the entry and order the food I want before progressing back to my bedroom to organise what I want to wear.

I lay my outfit on the bed, and grab the toiletries for a shower. The bathroom lives up to the standard of the hotel room. A beautiful white palate with colourful finishing's which make it pop. There's a spacious shower to my right, a spa bath further down and a long bathroom bench to my right with a twin matching sink.