[Chapter Forty Six]

Chapter Forty Six

"I can't believe you're leaving." I frown.

Seeing them packed up and ready to leave reminds me that I'm going to be alone once more. I feel like someone forgot to tell me that working in the Music Industry wasn't going to be everything it's cracked up to be. There isn't any shortage of selling the high life, but they never explained how lonely it can be.

Sure, I might have Archer and Ava with my constantly, but it doesn't make up for the loss of my family and the routines I have at home. You can never replace them and I'm not even sure I've want to even try with Nathan or Alex, they make everything confusing.

"And the fun was just beginning." Lucy pouts.

"You're just going to have to come back soon," I say and she nods her head in approval.

"You can't keep me away." She winks. Her cheeky smile makes me internal grin, but the glimmer in her eyes makes me feel like she'll be coming back to seek out Alex. They seemed way too cosy at dinner!

"I bet I couldn't!" I smile back at her. Lucy launches herself into me, and I wrap my arms around her tightly and squeeze her body against mine.

 "It's my turn!" I hear Hannah call.

Reluctantly, I pull back and face my sister. The deep purple bags under her eyes makes me chuckle. I can only imagine that Lucy had her up all night talking, or more like squealing over the fact she met Alex Bray! And if I'm to be completely honest with myself, I'd be doing the exact same thing! It's not every day you meet someone famous.

"Thanks for coming out Hannah, I appreciate it!" I pull her into a hug. She yawns and sleepily nods her head.

"I'm seriously sending you style advice!" she says and I laugh.

"I wouldn't expect anything else." The last person I see is Mom. I thought it would sort of be easy saying goodbye to everyone - I am going to see them again in a couple of weeks, but I never anticipated it to be this hard. Just standing here in this airport makes me feel like I'm about to lose them forever.

 "Come here!" She wraps her long arms around me, instantly pressed up against her warm body. The sweet smell of her perfume engulfs me. I close my eyes and try to remember what it's like to be held by her. "Your father and I are so, so proud of you!" she whispers into my ear.

"Thank you." I break away from her hold as the speakers above alert us that their plane is boarding. How I wish I had my suitcase packed and ready to leave with them. I'd like a taste of this thing called freedom, it feels so foreign right now. I feel like Archer is about to take me back to prison, which is half correct.

 "Don't forget to skype us! I want to know how tour goes, everything you get up to," Mom starts rattling on.

 "I promise, I'll tell you everything! Ava is going to have me blogging it at some point, so you won't miss a thing," I reassure her. With one quick goodbye, I watch the three of them walk over to the line.

"If I have to stand here and watch them get on the plane, I might jump on there too," I say to Archer.

"The car is waiting outside," he reminds me.

"Let's go then." I wave goodbye before spinning around and following Archer out the airport.

True to his word, out car is sitting in the waiting bay. Archer walks around to the driver's seat while II hurry over and rip open the back door and climb inside. On the side is a spare change of clothes and a mask sitting on the seat. Ava ceases to surprise me with her organization skills. I can see why they picked her to manage my career.