[Chapter Thirty One]

'Can't I have a free day, or even an hour to myself?' I groan to myself as I listen to the list of things I'm supposed to cram into the next twenty four hours. Out of everything listed, there's no time to relax or catch my breath for a minute. Just go, go, go.

I understand that planning and promoting a tour is going to take time, and that's not an asset we have. But I can't comprehend and process everything quick enough to do it — I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Everything they are stuffing down my throat is choke worthy, it feels like I cannot breathe properly most of the time.

"When are we leaving?" I ask.

"Because we're flying first class, we need to leave in a couple of hours."

"How can I fly first class under Sienna? I know being famous will get you a lot of privileges, but not that many." I can't fly with this mask on, it'll make me so nervous about someone trying to rip it off or catch photographic evidence.

"I don't, hm —" She opens her diary and looks through our schedule.

Worry builds, so I reinforce what I want, "If I can't change my flight, then I'll have to go on the next available flight and you'll have to explain that to the record label," I snap.

"Sienna —" she starts to say, but I quickly remove myself from the room.

Guilt slips into the back of my mind and I push it away. I want to say sorry for the use of attitude, but I'm playing with fire. I can't walk through a crowded airport or board a plane without someone with a hidden agenda who things they can release my identity.

While Ava looks through papers for a solution, I close my bedroom door. Alex is sprawled across my bed with a pillow tucked behind his head. Why is he laying across my bed like he owns the place?

"You're so feisty, Sienna!" Which I take as a compliment.

"I just want to have a completely normal day for once. I don't want people following or fussing, interviews or being stalked with camera. If not, one hour to just walk around and be consumed by my own free thoughts — not stressed over how to dress, what to say or sit," I whine, "is that too much to ask?"

Taking a seat on the bed, I shift and move my body to the free space next to Alex. He wraps his arm around my body as I curl closely and hug his chest.

"It's completely normal." He strokes my forehead, "anyone famous would agree with you. While being famous automatically sacrifices your privacy for privileges, there's moments when people just want to be ordinary, even just for a moment."

"Thanks," I mumble.

His thoughtful words pick my spirits up, and a tad bit of relief flows throughout my body. Alex picks up my hand and laces his fingers through mine. My previous thoughts fall out of my head and are replaced by butterflies and happy, giddy thoughts of Alex Bray.

"I should finish packing my suitcase before —" I get cause up in his beautiful eyes.

"Before?" he asks.

"Before she comes in here and does it herself," I finish.

"Is that a bad thing?" He frowns.

I giggle at his remark, "I have noticed she starts cleaning and organizing things when she's stressed out." Once I caught her re-washing the dishes in the kitchen area.

"Then it would appear you'd be more help unpacking the case."

Alex's phone beeps, which redirects his attention to the flashing phone.

"Speaking of flights, I have to leave for mine. Even if our teams got us on the same flights, I doubt you'd sit with me. Little miss, I don't want to fly in comfortable business class."

"Goodbye, Mr. Sarcasm." I throw a pillow at his head, which in return he throws back at me. But I duck out of the way, and the pillow flies over my head.

"Do you really want to start a pillow fight?" he asks.

"Maybe," I tease.

Alex reaches for a pillow, but the sound of my phone ringing stops him from doing so. I grab my phone of the side table and make my way to the bathroom for some privacy.

"Hey," I answer as I close the bathroom door, "what's up?"

"You forgot to call last night, so I decided to call you instead." Lucy happily grins.

I frown, "Sorry, I was in the studio until three in the morning recording the vocals for the songs," I explain.

"I figured, so no problem. I've already forgiven you." Lucy has propped her phone on her desk, which means I can see most of her messy bedroom behind her body. While my camera shows a close up image of my masked face. With Lucy, I don't need to hide. So I take the mask off and place it on the bench and sit down with my back pressed against the tub.

"Thank you, you're the best friend in the world!"

"So, tell me all the gossip! Are you ready for New York?" she asks.

"Almost," I admit, "the producers there need to check over the vocal tracking. If I need to change anything, I'll do it there. I'm not looking forwards to the interviews. I hate talking about myself. Then Friday, don't even get me started on Friday!"

The thought of Friday sets off the butterflies in my stomach, and sends tingling feelings to my fingertips. My first major performance. Thousands of people and cameras. Curling up into the foetal position seems almost calming right now.

"How am I going to play for thousands of people?" I ask her.

Lucy shrugs her shoulders and replies with, "Just walk on that stage and sing your heart out! I bet you won't be able to see anyone with those lights."

"That's true." I laugh.

"Worse case, I'll ask your sister to push you on stage. You know, what else are they for?" Jokes Lucy.

"I wish you could come!"

"You know I'd be there if I could. But considering you're famous and I'm nobody, it won't work out."

"Sienna, are you okay in there?" Alex knocks on the door loudly.

"Is that Alex Bray calling your name? Is he in your bedroom?" she whispers, her voice growing loud with excitement. The shock looked on her face softens into another expression, one I've seen too many times. She's about to start fan girling over him.

"Um. Yes." I can understand where she's coming from. When I first met Alex, I wanted to scream and throw my phone across the room in excitement. Its Alex freaking Bray, what else do you do?

"Why are you not screaming and falling at his feet? I would if I was there." A screechy audio blares out my phone speaker.

"Because Sienna is sophisticated and good around other celebrities. Me on the other hand, I'd die of happiness."

"Back the truck up." She holds her hand up, "what celebrities?" she continues to scream. I have to turn the volume down on my phone to prevent Alex from hearing.

"Let me explain."

"What valuable information have you been holding from me?" I awkwardly laugh as I reply as I try to think of where to start. Do I tell her from the part where I met Alex, or the section where Pancake boy mysteriously showed up?

"Just give me a second, I need to say goodbye to Alex."