[Chapter Fourteen]

Chapter Fourteen

Nobody could have prepared me for this. I'm so exhausted from this morning filled with interviews. I never imagined sitting around, and answering questions about myself would tire me out. But somehow I manage to charge through them, and complete the interviews along with unpacking my belongings.

I'm excited to see Lucy and Hannah later today, I've got their presents waiting.

There's a soft knock at my door, which pulls my attention away from my scattered thoughts.

"Come in," I call out.

Mum and Dad walk inside, two bright grins on their faces. Dad takes a seat on my desk chair, while my mother takes a seat on the end of the bed.

"How was your trip away, did you have lots of fun?" she asks.

"Good fun! It was nice being somewhere new," I confess.

"You're mother and I have decided," Dad starts off with. My stomach starts flipping around with nerves. "We think its best that you stay with your grandmother in Florida."

Frowning at the two, I ask, "Why?"

"There's another recording studio in Florida, and your grandmother lives there. You can spend two weeks there recording music before going back to NY to properly record the vocals. Your father and I thought Florida would also be less... distracting," Mum explains.

"Do I have to stay with Grandma in Florida?" I ask. The good lord knows I love that sweet old lady to death, but I hate her cooking. Unfortunately, her cooking only comes in two options: burn and charcoaled. It's a surprised my father didn't die of starvation when he was growing up.

Dad chuckles, and shakes his head. "No, Grandma is off on vacation," he says.

"When do I leave for Florida?" I ask.

"We leave tomorrow afternoon," Dad answers.

"Plenty of time to see Lucy before you leave," Mum ads in. "Maybe you could have a sleepover!"

"What happened to the slow easing into it period?" I grumble.

"Things will get better," she says. Funny enough, I don't believe her.

I can just imagine how I'll spend my holidays; living out of hotel rooms, and only going out to the recording studio. I'm going to have to spend every second writing songs instead of being curled up on the couch with a television series. Worst off, I could never write any of this for my English paper, I doubt Mrs Thorne would appreciate my creative imagination.

"I'll start packing then. I'll probably invite Lucy over, that's okay isn't it?"

Mum smiles, "It's always alright, you know that."

The two get up, and walk out of the room together. I flop back down on my bed, and growl into the covers. If I'd know about jetting off tomorrow, I'd probably kept some stuff in my suitcase and not spent ages trying to get it on the top shelf in my wardrobe.

Before I grab my suitcase, I open my laptop and load Skype. I send a video call to Lucy, and leave the computer to wander in my wardrobe. When I immerge, Lucy has already accepted the call and our video cameras are on.

"There you are," she happily yells.

Shaking my head, I giggle at her. "I have to leave for Florida tomorrow. Did you want to come over tonight?"

"Wait, why are you leaving, again?" she asks.

"Music stuff." I shrug my shoulders.

"Aww." She puts.