[Chapter Forty Four]

Chapter Forty Four

I've managed to conquer my fear that I've spent the whole week stressing over. Now I just need to survive the meet and greets with my fans and make it to my bed before passing out somewhere.

The sound of someone knocking on the dressing room door pulls me away from applying my make-up. I grab my mask and strap it back to my face. I hope it's not Ava, I've yet to finish getting ready.

"Come inside." The door handle rattles and it squeaks as the person comes inside. From the reflection in the mirror, I can see the wide muscular frame of none other than Archer. Relief courses through my body at the sight of him.

"What does Ava have planned now?" This is the first question to come to my mind.

"A two hour meet and greet and then an appearance," he explains.

"An appearance?" I ask.

"You and Alex are booked to make an appearance at an all-night restaurant." He crosses his arm over his chest, "Ava thinks it'll boost the popularity of your relationship with Alex if you're seen going out after your first concert together."

"Oh no," I shake my head, "I want to go home after this. Can you get the car ready to take me there afterwards?" Archer nods his head and leaves the room.

When he's gone, I finish dressing and pack up the last of my belongings. I slip my shoes on, do my belt up, grab my bag and the clothing of the rack, then walk out the door and down the hallway. As I walk down, I see my back-up dancers leaving and the crew packing up the equipment. There's people ripping up masking tape and winding cords up.

The production took nearly a day to set up and even less to remove. Soon it'll be I was never here performing It's scary to think about how long it takes for someone to disappear in this world. I should get used to the idea of needing people to talk about me. Because if they're talking, I'm still being remembered.

As I get to the end of the hall, Archer appears around the corner.

"I've done as you've requested. I also took the liberty to alert Alex in the change of plans," explains Archer.

"Thank you for that, what did Alex say?"

"I explained you were feeling exhausted and felt the need to retire to your room early to rest up for the flight."

"I really appreciate it Archer, thank you for the help." I grin.

"Would you like some help?" he eyes off the outfits.

I go to decline, but the aching feeling in my shoulder presents itself

"That would be lovely." I blush.

"Would you like me to take these to the car?" he offers.

"No, I've decided to give the outfits to the first three people in line. I know its super gross to be receiving someone's clothes, especially when they've been sweated in them. But I thought that it would be a nice present for spending all that time waiting," I say.

I expect Archer to crinkle his face up and tell me it's a horrible idea, but instead he nods his head in agreement.

"Some fans spend days camping out waiting to get the slightest glimpse at their idols — I think it would be a huge deal if they were to receive something so rare as this. It's not everyday celebrities give away their expensive clothing," Archer explains.

"It's not every day you become me." I laugh.

"For a good reason too. Not everyone can live this life style, it takes dedication and sacrifice, a lot forget about what it requires."