[Chapter Fifteen]

Chapter Fifteen 

Somewhere between changing my clothing in the comfort of my own wardrobe, I've gone to being forced to walk into every shop for more clothing. Thus leading to second guessing the decision of appointing Hannah on fashion duties. If I'm going to be stuffed inside another change room, I might scream.

"How about this shirt?" Hannah asks, pulling out yet another horrible floral printed shirt. If I want to look like an old person, I would get my clothes from a thrift store, at least our town only has one of those things.

"No for the last time." I shiver.

Turning back, I face Lucy. "What were you saying?" I ask.

Lucy is standing on the opposite side of the clothing rack, mindlessly flicking through the coat hangers.

"Hmm?" she asks, not bothered to look up.

"You were talking about your boyfriend," I prompt - curious to know what has put her in this slumped mood. I've only seen her like this once, and that was when the school fish, pebbles, died after one of the guys shook the container he was in. The poor fish had a heart attack and died.

"Oh, David," she mumbles.

"Yes? Wait! Are you two still together?" I ask, suddenly catching on.

"No, he dumped me yesterday." She bursts out into tears.

Running around to her side of the clothing rack, I pull her into a giant hug. I press her body into mine so that she feels some kind of comfort. When I'm upset, she always hugs me tightly and I instantly begin to feel better.

"Why didn't you tell me the minute you were free? You could have stayed at mine and we could gorge ourselves in chocolate and horror movies," I explain to her. Horror movies were the thing to watch after a break up. Why cry over sappy romance movies that remind you of your break up, when you can take your frustration out, and scream at the people being stupid and killed on the screen?

That would have been a better last night group thing to do, then spending it packing. I love my sister, and I appreciate her help, but these outfits are killing my brain here. I'd just love to wear swears and a t-shirt into the recording studio; it would be comfortable and easy. 

I could easily set up a sleeping area, and then bribe the people at the desk to get me food, that would be easier. Then I wouldn't have to dress up for getting in a car. And as a selling line, I'd probably save enough time on travel to record a couple more songs.

"Riley, what about this one?" Hannah yells from the other side of the shop. The other people inside stop to look at us, then return back to browsing clothing. I feel slightly awkward, but I shake it off.

Hannah is holding a black singlet with bubble writing saying, 'I'm not a procrastinator,' with a cartoon of a person sleeping in a bed. I giggle, and then give her a thumbs up of approval. I was beginning to worry, but now I see this shirt, it lightens my mood up.

"Do you want to try it on?"

"Nope." I shake my head. "I'll make that shirt, I love it so much."

"That's all I've got," she says.

"Great." I beam.

"You could probably pick up a few pairs of shorts because it's hot," Hannah suggests.

"That would be good idea," I agree with her. I look down at my legs, two pale sticks that need to be shaved.

"Thought I might stick with some jeans." I grab a dark blue pair off the rack.

Hannah nods her head, and passes the shirt to me.

"Fair enough. But it's going to be really hot," she warns me again.

"Agreed," Lucy adds in. "We can grab some tanning lotion on the way home."

"Fine." Rolling my eyes, I place the jeans back, and grab two pairs of shorts in my size.

I quickly pay for the clothing items at the counter, and then join those two outside the shop. I'm slightly disappointed when I walk past the shopping centre exit, and into another store playing loud teeny bopper music.

"How many more after this one?" I ask.

Hannah runs her hand over the clothing piles on the entrance table, while a thoughtful expression plays over her face.

"Probably the last shop, there's nothing else I want to look at," she says.

"Well, if you're sure." I frown, as I attempt to act cool. With this news, I strut deeper into the store with a spring in my step.

"After this, we can go to Starbucks," Lucy says.

"And then food shopping to gather supplies for some TLC time." I bounce on the spot happily.

This store isn't so preppy like the last couple of ones. It's more of an indie store with pop punk playing on the overhead radio.

"I love it." I dive into the rack with coloured band shirts.

Just as we leave the shopping centre, our mother's car pulls up in front of the side walk. There's another car approaching, so the three of us take off running. Lucy heads for the back seat, and Hannah swives towards the front seat.

"Don't you even think about it!" I scream out.

Hannah looks over her shoulder, laughs at me, then pokes her tongue out.

Speeding up, I reach out and grab a hold of her cardigan, and pull her back. She screams out, giggling in the process. She tries to pull me back, but I grab a hold of the car door handle.

"You suck." She pouts.

"Next time." I poke my tongue out.

Hannah mumbles something under her breath as she climbs into the back seat.

Looking over at Mum, I half expect her to scold me for my inappropriate behaviour, but instead she's trying to stop herself from laughing.

When we arrive home, the three of us head straight up to my bedroom, shopping bags in hands.

"Let the first stage of therapy begin," I call out excitedly.

I can hear Lucy, and Hannah giggling behind me as we enter my bedroom. Hannah finders her way back inside my wardrobe, and then Lucy plonks on the far corner of my bed with her large take away coffee cup in hand.

The fun vibe continues to blaze through as we surround ourselves with new clothing, and expensive price tags. It'll only get worse with time. Shopping that is. And it'll be my bank account paying the price of designer clothing.

"Do I need to wear my mask there?" I call out, just as Mum walks into the room.

"Hm." She ponders. "From my understanding, I think you just need to wear the mask into the recording studio, and back," Mum explains.

"But what about the hotel?" I ask.

"Your father is friends with the owner, those minor details have been sorted out," she reassures me.

"Okay, thank you."

"Now, I've got snacks prepared, and I even ducked over to the movie store and rented out your favourite horror movie. If you guys are quick, I'm sure you can fit in one movie before I need to take you to the airport."

"Really?" I smile. "You're the best!" I run over and hug my mother. Sometimes she might side with Hannah, and that's a pain. But at the end of the day, she'll always be there for me.