Chapter XV: Unpaid Debts

Okay, so here's the next chapter and it's slightly longer than the ones I've written so far. Some of you'll might find Sirius' reaction a little too harsh as you'll read the chapter but I personally feel that's how he'd react. Harry means the world to him. He's bound to get overprotective.

For all those of you who like reading angry/ powerful Sirius, this one's for you. Enjoy!
*******************
Harry stood next to Wood and took a deep breath. This was it. They had been training vigorously for the past few days for this match. Wood had worked the team hard and everyone had done so without a word of complaint. The entire team wanted to win the cup this year, more than ever before.

"We can do this. Just focus on what we've been doing since the past couple of days. We are going to win this." Oliver said in a low voice.

The doors were thrown open and the entire Gryffindor team walked into the pitch, head held high and nervousness well hidden. There was a huge round of applause and cheering from the stands as the seven players entered. If any of the students had been shaken by last night's events, then it certainly didn't show now as they screamed their lungs out in pitch.

Harry turned his head in the direction of the Professors' stand and saw Sirius. The man gave him his trademark wink and a wide smile. All the best, he mouthed the words to his godson. Harry smiled back. It was a half nervous smile though. He could do this. He had to win this. He wanted to make Sirius proud and that's exactly what he would do today. The apprehension dimmed a little, replaced by determination.

The Slytherin team entered the pitch and the Slytherin stands erupted with cheering but the response from the other three houses was greatly underwhelming.

"Captains, shake hands." Madam Hooch ordered. Wood and Flint glared daggers at each other before nearly crushing each other's hands. Harry saw Malfoy giving him a dirty look and immediately returned the favour. There was no way he was losing today's game.

"Mount your brooms!"

Harry straddled his broom and kicked off forcefully from, the ground, feeling the familiar rush of excitement. The other players did the same.

Hooch released the quaffle and blew her whistle. "Let the match begin!"

Harry flew higher, higher than anyone else, his eyes squinting around for the snitch. Malfoy followed him closely, doing the same. His eyes darted around everywhere before he saw it.

There it was, the pesky little object was nothing more than the slightest glimmer of gold. It was hovering above Adrian Pucey's head. He dived down sharply, whizzing past George who was determined to whack a bludger into Flint's head.

Harry felt a rough shove against his left shoulder as Malfoy pushed him with his. He narrowly missed hitting himself against a pole. "You alright there scarhead?" He sneered before flying past Harry, having spotted the snitch himself.

Harry zoomed after Malfoy, trying to overtake him. Every now and then he heard Lee Jordan hollering, his voice carrying through the Quidditch pitch.

"IT SEEMS POTTER AND MALFOY HAVE SPOTTED THE SNITCH!" Lee Jordan, the commentator yelled.

"AND THERE GOES GRYFFINDOR CHASER KATIE BELL AND YES!! SHE SCORES!!" The crowd cheered, scarlet and gold banners waving furiously as they screamed with excitement.

Gryffindor was currently leading with 80-50. All Harry had to do now was catch the snitch. Steadily, the other chasers from both houses also scored goals.

He had lost the snitch again and his eyes roamed the air wildly, trying to spot it. His eyes landed on Malfoy, who had apparently seen the snitch. With a sharp tug of his broom, he dashed after him. The two of them went shoulder to shoulder, pushing and shoving each other. They dived, went left, right and everything else.