Chapter 7

A big thank you to pumpkinlips for this great cover. It just fits this story perfectly.

I slowly walked down the stairs, my pink fluffy slippers barely touching the ground. A soft voice was singing in Spanish.

I entered the kitchen, suprised to see Lucinda putting something in the oven. On satudays, she usually was long gone when I woke up.

"Lucinda? What are you still doing here?" I asked as I leaned on the counter. I crossed my arms.

"Oh hello." She turned around. "I thought I wait for you to wake up. So that you won't be alone."

I frowned. "Where's my mom?"

"Out with some friends."

"And my dad?"

She smiled sweetly. "Golfing."

Again? Whatever.

" I made pancakes." She motioned towards the oven. "I thought you might be hungry."

I nodded and sat at the table, while she washed the used dishes. I considered Lucinda like my mother because she always acted like one, unlike my real mom. But to be honest, I didn't know her very much. She was from Spain, had a lazy husband and two young boys. That was about it. Not that I cared.

"How's school? Any boyfriends?" She asked.

I shrugged and she didn't insists. "Well I go." She headed towards the door and I followed her. " My son had football match and I can't wait to hear about it!"

"Great." And with one last smile I closed the door behind her.

I headed back to the kitchen, took the pancakes out of the oven and sat at the small counter. I ate slowly, enjoying every piece of it. I loved pancakes, honestly, but Lucinda's were by far the best. When I was smaller, I always demanded her pancakes.

I checked out the time. 1 P.M already! I got up, popping the rest of the pancakes in the oven. I hadn't finished it all. I walked upstairs and slipped on a black pair of jeans. Winter was coming. I added a pink crop top and did my usual makeup. I lifted my hair in a messy bun to expose my long black earrings. I wasn't sure I was going today but at least I looked good if someone knock on the door. And I wasn't even sure Etienne was coming due to our little argument... Asshole!

I went downstairs to fetch my phone when the doorbell rang. I looked in the peephole. Speak of the devil...

I opened the door abruptly. "What do you want Etienne?"

He stood there, a confused look on his face. "Nothing. I-I was just thinking that you might still want me as a tutor."

I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah totally." I replied, sarcastically.

He smiled, hopeful. "Really?"

I looked at him blankly before closing the door to his face. He knocked a few times, before I heard his footsteps walk away. I leaned against the door, relieved. That boy was poison for my reputation, my life and my sanity.

"Come on! Open the door, Ariana!" I blenched.

"Let it go, Etienne." I screamed back through the door.

"Look, I'm sorry." I raise my eyebrows. Sorry wasn't a word I heard or said every day. I slowly open the door and there he stood again. He scratched his neck. "I'm sorry ok? I don't know... I freaked out, I guess. Nina proposed a drink, I knew it was bad because you told me not to accepted anything, but she was there and didn't want to look stupid. It felt like my glass filled itself. And then, you got mad and reality washed over me and I was really ashamed. You screaming at me didn't help. Plus, the headache made my mind go the wrong way. I didn't mean to say all those things. I wasn't thinking..."