3

Pictures of Brooke and Jensen seemed to be on every news outlet and media site known to man. She looked at the pictures of them and the askew story they told. It looked as if she had no clothes on in the photo but really she was wearing a strapless shirt that was hidden beneath the blanket. The pictures painted her to be a sleazy girl who hooked up with Jensen that happened to extend into the morning. Of course, none of that wasn't true but the media never cared about the truth.

She knew she shouldn't of done it but she found herself scrolling through comments and reading the nasty and horrible things people had to say. No one knew it was her in the photo so everyone leaving these comments were making disgusting and rude remarks about someone they had no clue about. Most of the people commenting were fans of Jensen or Supernatural but do they not realize that by making horrendous comments like that that they were ultimately hurting Jensen in the long run.

Brooke closed her laptop and set it on the table beside her. She shouldn't of started to read those comments. She didn't really consider herself a self conscience person but after looking through what people had said, she found herself feeling a little inferior.

Brooke's phone began to ring and she recognized the number right away. She answered it immediately.

"Hey, it's Jensen." He said.

"Speaking of the devil," Brooke said sarcastically. "I was just taking notice how our photo has gone mainstream."

"Ya, um," he paused and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry about that. It's supposed to be a cleared set. I don't know how that photo could have been taken. I'm really sorry. Listen, I understand if you don't want to see me again."

"Why wouldn't I want to see you again?" Brooke asked.

"Usually the spotlight is too much for most people and they quit."

"Do I seem like most people?" Brooke said, "Sorry Jensen but it'll take a lot more than that to get me to quit."

She heard him laugh on the other side of the line. He sounded relieved.

"That's good to know. Dinner tonight?" He asked.

"How about we just stay in. I'll text you the address to my apartment."

•••

Jensen sat on the couch with a beer in his hand, resting it on the arm of the couch. Brooke had her head resting on his lap, his free hand playing with her hair. An old horror movie was on the tv but neither of them was paying attention to it, it was just there for background noise.

"I read some of the comments that people wrote about the picture," Brooke said.

"You have to take that stuff with a grain of salt. Those people aren't true fans if they can't respect my decisions." He shrugged. "Don't let it get to you."

"I know." Brooke sighed.

A small smile grew on his face as he peered down at Brooke. She was truly the most beautiful person he had ever seen, inside and out. But there was a lot he still did not know about her. He just hoped that everything is as perfect as it seems to be right now.

"Is it weird having such a loyal fan base?" Brooke asked.

"At times because I don't think I'm worthy really. I mean I'm just a guy from Texas who is only mildly funny at best." He answered, taking a sip of his beer afterward.

"I think you are more than just a mildly funny guy from Texas?" Brooke said raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah, what else am I?" He asked playfully.

"You're also tall," Brooke added.

Jensen smirked and rolled his eyes, "You should meet the other guy from Texas who is even taller."

"Let me guess, is that Jared?" Brooke asked.

Jensen nodded his head, a smile growing on his face. "You'll meet him soon enough."

Brooke a warm fuzzy feeling settled in her belly as she stared up at him. She watched as his Adam's apple would bob up and down each time he took a gulp of his beer. She found herself adoring the crinkles that formed at the corner of his eyes when he smiled real big. Brooke had never felt so comfortable around someone so quickly before. She knew she was hard to get to know but with Jensen, she felt like she wanted to tell him things and share her experiences with him. It was an odd feeling.

"I guess that's a good sign if I'm gonna meet the best friend." Brooke smiled.

He rolled his eyes and ignored her comment but she couldn't help but feel giddy inside. She took a deep breath, trying not to let her emotions show through. There was no reason for him to know how he made her feel, not yet at least.