19

Jensen stared in awe at the sight of his beautiful family meeting the new baby for the first time. Brooke was propped up in bed, still very sore from the painfully long delivery that ended up in a Caesarian section. She held the baby close to her with the biggest smile and tears in her eyes. JJ sat beside her, resting her tiny hand on the new baby's head. Jared and Gen stood near the bed, keeping their eyes on Tom and Shep who were running around in the tiny room.  They were watching JJ for them since Danneel was filming and was unable to take JJ during the labor.

"She's beautiful." Gen smiled.

Brooke smiled even wider which Jensen didn't think was possible. He had never seen someone smile this big before.

She reached her hand out that had been around JJ and reached for Jensen's. He stepped closer to her, leaning down and kissing her forehead as he took her hand, giving it a squeeze. They both felt so overwhelmed with emotion.

"What's baby's name?" JJ asked in her cute high pitched voice.

"Elodie Rae." Brooke said. "We were thinking Elle for short."

JJ attempted to pronounce Elodie, butchering it each time which caused the adults to laugh.

"I guess it was good that you have a nickname." Jared laughed. "Cmere Tom and Shep. Do you wanna meet your new cousin?"

Jared scooped them up into his arms and placed them on the edge of the bed carefully as to not hurt Brooke or the baby.

"Can she play with us?" Tom asked as he peered at the baby.

"Not yet bud." Jensen told him which caused Tom to let out a long sigh.

"But I wanna play with her." Tom whined.

"Yeah, me too." JJ added, nodding her head.

Jensen smirked at how cute JJ was. It was hard to believe that she was already three. It seemed like yesterday she was born. Of course when Elodie is older, he will be saying the same exact thing.

Jared very carefully helped Tom and Shep touch the baby by stroking it's cheek with their fingers before placing them back down on the ground.

"Do you want to hold her Gen?" Brooke asked.

Gen graciously nodded her head and accepted. Gen would never give up an offer to hold a baby. Brooke handed her over and Gen grabbed her, cuddling Elodie up against her.

"I forgot what it's like to hold a baby this tiny!" Gen marveled.

JJ gave Brooke a big hug once the baby had been handed over to Gen. She had been instructed to be very careful around Elodie and so far, she was doing perfect. Brooke cringed a little at the pressure on her incision which was very tender but the moment was worth it. She had always loved JJ but since becoming a mother herself, she felt that all her love had tripled.

"I missed you." JJ told Brooke.

"Wow!" Jensen said pretending to be hurt. "Did you miss me?"

"I missed daddy too." JJ said matter of factly, nodding her head.

"Good cause I missed you so much!" Jensen said as he scooped her up and hugged her tight.

"Too tight daddy! Too tight!" She said playfully.

"I should give her back. I'm catching baby fever." Gen laughed as she handed Elodie back to Brooke.

Jared made a scared face at Gen's comment and Gen playfully hit his arm.

"We should head and let you have some alone time." Gen suggested as she looked at her boys who were wrestling on the ground.

"I wanna go with Tom!" JJ said.

"Ugh, if you insist." Jensen said dramatically as he handed JJ to Jared.

Having JJ want to go with them made it a lot easier for them since she was supposed to go with them in the first place. Brooke was sure that they would have to bribe her to leave her new sister, or half sister.

"Thank you for stopping by." Brooke said.

"Our pleasure." Gen smiled. "Congrats guys!"

"Ya, congratulations bro." Jared said, giving Jensen a hug before they all left.

Jensen closed the door behind them, soaking in the silence after all the chaos of the labor and the guests. This was the first time they would truly be alone for more than a few minutes with their new daughter. He looked at Brooke as she stared at Elodie, noticing the pure joy that radiated from her. She had never looked so beautiful to him before.

"I love you." Jensen said as he sat on the bed beside her.

"I love you more." She answered, leaning over for a kiss.

Jensen placed his arm around her and she scooted herself closer to him, cuddling into the side of him. Everything was perfect.