12

Brooke felt honored that JJ wanted her to go to her preschool's Mothers Day Lunch. It was something that she never expected to be asked to go to but she was happy that JJ thought of her like another mom.

She entered the busy classroom that was bursting at the seems with mom's and a few grand mom's. Brooke spotted JJ, Danneel sitting next to her. Brooke knew that Danneel would be here but she still a little uncomfortable with being around her by herself without Jensen there to be a buffer.

JJ ran up to Brooke, wrapping her arms around the tops of her thighs to hug her. She took Brooke's hand and led her to the table and showed her where to sit.

"Look mommy, Brooke's here!" JJ said, smiling at Danneel.

Danneel smiled big and Brooke was unable to tell if it was forced or genuine.

"Hey, it's been a while since I've seen you! How've you been?" She smiled.

"I've been great actually. What about you? Anything new?" Brooke asked.

Danneel shrugged, "Same old grind."

The teacher called all of the preschool students over. JJ went running, leaving Brooke and Danneel alone. This is what worries Brooke, being alone with her. Danneel is obvisously going to be courteous when JJ is around but would she be like when it was just them?

There were two other moms at the table but they were engrossed in their own conversation. Danneel looked at Brooke and gave her an awkward smile.

"This is weird. I've never really had to talk to an ex husbands new girlfriend before." She said smiling.

"So I'm not the only one who finds this uncomfortable?" Brooke asked

Danneel shook her head and Brooke felt more comfortable with the situation after learning that they are both in the same boat.

"JJ talks about you all the time. She really likes you." Danneel said as she watched the kids begin to line up in the front of the classroom.

"She's an amazing girl." Brooke smiled. "I'm happy to be part of her life."

"I think this is good for her to see us together." Danneel said.

Brooke agreed. JJ had seen some pretty negative stuff in her life so it was good for her to see two important people in her life being friendly to each other.

"Maybe we could get together with Gen sometime and go out to lunch." Brooke suggested.

"That would be great." Danneel smiled. "I haven't seen Gen in such a long time."

The teacher stood up in front of the class, the little students standing in two lines behind her. "We have something special prepared for all of the mothers today that we have worked very hard on. So if you brought a camera, I would suggest you get it out before we start in a few moments."

Danneel ruffled through her purse and let out a long sigh. "Of course today is the day I forget my phone."

"Use mine." Brooke said handing Danneel her iPhone. "You send it to yourself."

"Oh thank you. You're a lifesaver." She smiled.

The children began to sing a song and Danneel videoed the whole song. They did little movements with each line of the lyrics and JJ was very into it and very dramatic with her movements. Once they finished the song, they returned back to their seats to join the moms.

"You did such a good job!" Brooke exclaimed, giving JJ a high five.

JJ smiled and acted bashful at the compliment which made Danneel and Brooke laugh.

"I'm the only one with two mommies here." JJ said as she looked around.

Brooke quickly looked over at Danneel to see what her reaction would be. Danneel didn't seem like the comment bothered her but she also was an actress.

She placed her arm around JJ and leaned in towards her, "that's because you're extra special."

The rest of the time went fast. They were only there for a half hour longer and then Danneel took JJ home afterwards. Brooke arrived home, quickly going to find Jensen once she slipped her uncomfortable heels off. She found him in his office reading over the next script that had been sent to him earlier today.

He spun around in his office chair and raised his eyebrows in anticipation, "So how did it go?"

Brooke shrugged, "Better than expected. She was friendly and eerily civil."

"I guess that's good." He laughed. "I'm happy to hear that it went well because that means less drama."

Brooke walked over to him, leaning down and coming mere centimeters from his lips.

"Now, I'm gonna read this script because I'm dying to now what happened since the last script." She said as she grabbed the papers out of his hand and started to run.

He grabbed her around the waist and stopped her before she even got to leave the room. "It's gonna be a lot harder than that to find out what happens..."

"You know I need my fix. The last one was left on a cliffhanger." She complained.

"Desperate. Right where I want you." He said winking at her as he left the room with the script.