6

Brooke got home from work and immediately went to change her clothes. She loved wearing heels but after having to wear them for eight hours straight, her feet were absolutely killing her. And the same went  for her dress. She loved the way it made her curves look but she felt like she couldn't breathe because of how tight it was. She was just ready to change into comfy clothes and spend the rest of her night cuddled up beside Jensen on the couch.

She chose her Victoria Secret pajamas which were the red and pink striped silk shorts which had a lace trimming at the bottom of them and a loose fitting plain white scoop neck top that had 'Angel' embroidered over her right boob.  She took her hair out of her tight bun and let it flow down her back, not caring how frizzy or knotty it was.

She descended the stairs when the doorbell rung. That's weird, she thought, she didn't know that anyone was stopping by. She opened the door to reveal just the person she hoping not to meet.

"Oh, um...." Danneel said, her voice trailed off. Brooke noticed her eyes look her up and down, clearly disapproving of Brooke's current state. Danneel cleared her throat before beginning to speak again. "Sorry I was running late to pick JJ up. Jensen didn't mention that he had any friends over when I called him an hour ago."

"It's girlfriend actually." Brooke said correcting her.

"That's what they all say, sweetie." Danneel added with a smile.

"I'll go tell J that you're here." Brooke said, biting her tongue of what she really wanted to say.

"Oh no, he doesn't mind if I come in." Danneel said as she pushed her way past Brooke and into the house, their shoulders harshly bumping each others.

Jensen had rounded the corner, JJ in his arms. She reached out to Danneel and Danneel grabbed her from Jensen, giving JJ a big hug.

"I've missed you JJ." Danneel said.

"Missed you too mommy." JJ told her.

"She had her nighttime snack already and I put her in her pajamas and brushed her teeth in case she fell asleep on the ride home." Jensen told Danneel.

"Thanks J. We'll have to get together again soon. Maybe lunch this time?" Danneel asked.

"Yeah that sounds good." Jensen nodded.

Danneel started to walk back towards the door. "I didn't catch your name."

"That's Brooke!" JJ told her, pointing at her.

Brooke smiled and said goodbye to JJ, giving her a high five as well.

"Well, Brooke, maybe you'll be around next week when I pick JJ up. If not, it was nice to meet you." Danneel said as she walked out.

Brooke closed the door hard, her cheeks blushed and her heart racing. She bit the inside of her cheek and crossed her arms over her chest.

"So you guys just go out to lunch together?" Brooke asked raising her eyebrows.

"It's nothing. We go and discuss JJ, nothing else. It helps us so we can coparent better." Jensen said.

"And a phone call doesn't suffice?" Brooke snapped. "And what the hell was the stuff about me thinking I'm your girlfriend and me not being around for not week?"

"She was just surprised. She wasn't expecting to see a girl here with me and it put her onto the defensive."

"Why are you defending her?" Brooke asked.

Jensen sighed and walked up to her, placing his hands on her shoulders. "B, I'm with you that's all that matters."

"How many girls have you said that to?" Brooke said rolling her eyes.

"You're the first girl that I've been with since the divorce so whatever Danneel said to you is a lie." Jensen said.

He tilted her chin up, forcing her to look him in the eye.

"There's nothing to worry about. Me and Danneel are ancient history."

Brooke sighed, letting out a long breath. "Okay,"

Jensen pulled her into a hug, running his fingers through her hair. "Besides, she probably got jealous when she saw how hot you are."

Brooke pulled away and playfully slapped his arm before walking into the family room. She changed the channel quickly, she couldn't stand the kids shows that JJ watched. They weren't at all like the old time kid shows that she watched as a kid.  Brooke plopped herself down onto the couch and began to flip through the channels.

"Come snuggle with me." Brooke called to Jensen.

"Hold on a minute." He called from the kitchen.

A minute later he arrived with a carton of ice cream and two spoons in hand. A huge smile spread across her face as he handed her a spoon.

"See this I why I keep you around," Brooke said as she shoveled some ice cream into her mouth, "you feed me ice cream and that's all that matters in a relationship."

Jensen laughed at her trying to speak with a mouthful of ice cream. Half of her words were not understandable but he pieced together what she had said.

"That's what I'm here for." He shrugged as he settled in beside her.