8

Brooke sat in her office, anxiously waiting for it be five o'clock so she could go home. She didn't have any plans for the night except for binge watching Grey's Anatomy but she was antsy to get home and relax. Her cell phone rang and she decided that it would be okay to answer since she had all her work done for the day.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Hey Brooke, it's Gen." She answered, sounding stressed.

This was the first time Gen had called her, Brooke had not even put her number into her phone yet. Previously all of their plans had been made through Jensen.

"What's up?" Brooke asked. "Is everything okay?"

Gen let out a long sigh before answering her, "I can't get a hold of Jensen or Danneel and JJ is really sick. I was wondering if you were with him or knew where he was?"

"No, sorry I'm not much help for this one." Brooke sighed. "I can try calling him. Maybe he'll answer."

"That would be great. Thank you..." Gen's voice trailed off and she could hear her talking to someone but it was muffled. "I have to go."

Before Brooke even got a chance to say goodbye, Gen had hung up the phone. Brooke contemplated not calling Jensen. If he wasn't answering Gen then why would he answer her? Besides, they hadn't talked at all since the fight which was a week ago. Ultimately, Brooke decided to call him decisions it was in the best interest for JJ.

She dialed the number and almost hung up but he answered on the last ring.

"Hey what's going on? Why has Gen called me like twenty times?" He asked. "I was just about to call her when you called."

"JJ is sick and she can't get ahold of you or Danneel." Brooke answered. "She asked me to call you."

"Shit, well I'm gonna be stuck on set for at least another two hours." Jensen said. "Maybe I can get out sooner..."

"I could pick her up and bring her over to your place until you get home." Brooke said. "If that would be easier for you."

Jensen was quiet for a second before answering, "Yeah, that would great. You wouldn't mind would you?"

"No it's fine. I didn't have any plans for tonight anyways." Brooke answered.

"Thank you so much. I'll be home around eight probably at the earliest."

"That's fine. Maybe we can talk when you get home." Brooke suggested.

"Sure." Jensen said quickly. "Thanks again."

•••

JJ had a high fever and kept complaining that her throat was hurting her. Brooke had taken a look at it and it looked like it could be strep but Jensen said he would take her to the doctors tomorrow. 

Brooke had her cuddled up in bed with her favorite teddy that always made her feel better and her special blanket that she needed to have to sleep. Brooke was laying down beside her as JJ requested and read her the fairy tale of Cinderella which was her favorite. It was about the third time Brooke had read it to her tonight but JJ kept telling her to read it again and Brooke wasn't about to argue with the sick child so instead she just continued to reread the same story.

JJ fell asleep and Brooke felt herself dozing off but she hadn't thought that she had actually fallen asleep until Jensen came and woke her up. An hour had passed that she had slept through, the Cinderella book opened the page she had left off on was on her stomach.

"Lets go downstairs." He whispered.

Brooke slowly got up trying to make as little disturbances as possible which was hard considering JJ was plastered up against her side. Once she did get up, JJ began to stir, flipping over to her other side but not waking up. Jensen felt her forehead and pulled the sheets up on her. The last time Brooke had checked her temperature, it was going down and now she barely felt hot at all.

Jensen and Brooke went downstairs and sat on the couch in the family room. Brooke was still groggy from her nap and couldn't stop yawning.

"Thank you for that." Jensen said appreciatively. "Seriously, I didn't expect you to lay with her and take care of her the way you did."

"Oh it wasn't a problem." Brooke yawned. "I just want her to feel better."

Jensen smiled and dropped his gaze down towards the floor. She could tell that something was on his mind but she wasn't sure of what it could be. She didn't even know what they were right now, if they were dating or broken up. They hadn't officially broken up but they also haven't spoken in a week.

"You were asking about our future the other night and I got defensive, I'm sorry." Jensen sighed.

"We both were on defensive. I apologize as well." Brooke said.

"Can we put this behind us now because I've missed you so much." Jensen smirked.

Brooke nodded her head, glad to hear that he had missed her because she was going crazy without him. It scared her how much she liked him. She has never felt like this before.

"B," Jensen started, his voice becoming hoarser and his eyes slightly teary, "You don't know how much it means to me that you show so much compassion towards JJ. You treat her as if she were your own daughter."

Brooke smiled and scooted over to him, resting her head on his shoulder and wrapping her arms around him.

"This might sound like a rash decision but I've been thinking about it for awhile, do you want to move in with me?" Jensen asked.

Brooke felt her heart skip a beat at the sheer shock and excitement. "Yes, of course."

Jensen kissed the top of her head and let out a long breath. "I've missed you so much. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to call you and didn't because I didn't know what to say."

"I guess we will have to work on our communication for in the future." Brooke sighed.

"Yeah, in the future." Jensen said, his voice trailing off. He liked the idea of having a future with Brooke. It felt natural and easy.