Chapter Twelve

Yay new update ;) 

Comment and vote please. 

Love, Robin

I woke up feeling rather hazy and warm, there was a scent in my nostrils that I wished I could wake up to every morning. It smelled like Nathaniel.

Stretching I turned around and curled up again, quickly drifting off for another hour or so. Until at last the room had gotten too light for my senses to ignore it.

When I opened my eyes the first thing I noticed was that the bed was empty, I was alone. The second thing I noticed was that I was most definitely in Nathaniel's room and I was wearing a shirt of his instead of PJ's. The shirt was large enough to be a dress or nightgown though.

My eyes searched for a clock and finally landed on the analogue, old fashioned alarm on his nightstand. It read ten AM.

Fuck!

I sat up straight and scrambled out of bed, I was missing school! Shit why didn't he wake me up? Where was he anyway? Don't tell me he went to school and left me here!

Searching around the room I couldn't find my own clothes anywhere so I slipped on the way to large pair of sweats that were his. They had been folded over a chair in the corner.

I was about to open the door to search for my clothes or overnight bag when the memories of last night crashed into me. There was a lot of white noise as my mind scrambled around all the impossible things it wanted to forget.

'Soulmates...' the words tumbled off my lips and I had to sit down again on the edge of the bed. Nathaniel believed we were Soulmates... And I told him I believed so too. I realized I still believed that, I was already missing him terribly.

Then there was this whole thing about Telepathy... And a connection that Nathaniel and I apparently shared that allowed us to touch each others minds and share thoughts. I wouldn't have believed that if I didn't remember clearly doing that and experiencing that myself these past few days.

Just to prove it was true I focused my thoughts on Nathaniel and called out in my head: 'Nathaniel? Are you at school? Why didn't you wake me?'

I didn't feel or hear anything and I was almost starting to think it hadn't worked and I was making a fool of myself. But then I felt it, a soft caress across my mind and Nathaniel's voice sounding amused: 'I tried a ghrá mo chroí, you were sleeping very deeply. Enjoy your day off, I called you in sick. Elliot is around the house somewhere if you want company.'

I had the vague sense of a classroom I was looking out over and then that image was gone...

Okay that was pretty cool. I hadn't imagined that... If only he could have told me where my bag with clothes was.

I was just about to leave the room again to find either my clothes or Elliot when I remembered the last words he'd said to me before I'd fallen asleep.

"Yes Amelia, exactly like a vampire."

With my hand on the doorknob I stared at the dark wood, had that been my sleep supplying those words? Or had Nathaniel really told me last night that he was in fact a Vampire?

I angled the thought at him immediately and the answer was instant. His sending no more then a single word: 'Yes.'

On wobbly legs I turned back around and crawled into his bed. Maybe I should just go back to sleep... It seemed my mind wasn't functioning properly after all...

When I woke up for the third time that day it was because my stomach was growling angrily. The scent of fresh apple pie and cinnamon hung in the air and without thinking I scrambled out the door and down the stairs.