Chapter Thirty-Six

Heya all!

This chapter is dedicated to Gaister for being my 1600th fan! Thank you all for making that possible.

Now enjoy the chapter and please remember to vote if you like my work.

Love,

Robin

'Where is she!' I growled out at the vampire in front of me. He was one of Seratin's men and a damn good spy and because of that I'd allowed him to drive Amelia home from school. I'd have felt much better if it had been Jaden or Seratin himself but they were both busy trying to locate Mattis.

The man bend his head and brushed his knuckles against his forehead. 'Forgive me my Lord, I arrived just as you send her out. They must have taken her right from the parking lot in school.'

None of the guards had seen her leave the building or leave with anyone. But then they'd all been watching for threats from outside of the school, no one had been paying attention to my Mate.

I cursed out loud in my native language, it was my own fault for thinking it was safe enough to let her walk out alone! With all the threats directed at her and Jake... I should have been watching her like a hawk! In fact I shouldn't have allowed her to come back to school for this last week.

I'd been selfish in wanting to keep her close when I did feel obligated to go and say goodbye to the students. So it was all my fault that she'd been taken now.

Seratin stood behind the vampire and nodded, 'We're doing the best we can my Lord. All my men located in this area are making sweeps and trying to track her by scent. I've even got the Crone working on it with a detection spell. It was good of you to work with her to reinforce the Witch community in this town.'

'You are absolutely sure you cannot contact her mentally?' Jaden asked carefully. He absently patted the vampire on his back as he send him out of the room, his way of reassuring the man that he wasn't going to be punished.

'Of course I am!' I gritted out. Yet I still scrambled around in my mind trying to find hers and the connection between us. There was absolutely nothing though and that was very frightening, our bond had gotten exponentially stronger since the marking... But now there was nothing.

Missy behind me piped up, 'Of course he can't! They are blocking us from tracing her in any way. That's why I'm sure not even Elliot's grandma can find her. I've tried several times as well but I keep coming up blank.'

I knew she was right and I'd known that was the case from the start but it was still a relief that the absence of the bond didn't mean she was dead. Or that they'd somehow completely severed it.

Sammuel strode into the room with a grim look on his face. 'Everyone close by has arrived and Elliot is working on teleporting the most skilled fighters we can relocate here. We can strike at full force in less than half an hour.'

The Viking pulled his blade from his scabbard and nodded at us as he swung it around a few times, as if flexing, preparing himself for battle. 'If you wish to pull out even more men we can do so and be ready in an hour, I have a feeling Thornten has found an unlikely ally.'

'Jessica...' I nodded, 'Amelia must be back at the Taylor house where that Siren pulls the strings. I knew I should have left her for dead with those vampires before.'

It was the only logical explanation. Jessica knew about me and Amelia and Sirens were notorious for their ambition and manipulation. They needed to sleep with a different partner regularly or they'd die, it was their form of food if you will. A different kind of vampire because they sucked out a man's energy during coitus.