Chapter Twenty-Four

Heya dear readers!

Here's the new chapter for all of you to enjoy ;)  Hopefully!

On a side note: people have been asking me to read their stories. I would LOVE to do just that but I sometimes can't look it up immediately and then seem to forget or can't find the comment with the tittle of the story any longer... >.< 

My apologies if you send me a request and I haven't read and commented yet!

I'd like to ask those who already send a request to do it again but in a personal message if that's possible? And of course to anyone who hasn't done so yet but would like me to, send a personal message and I'll be able to find it!

Thank you to all those who fanned and voted.

Lot's of love,

Robin

-------------------------------------

When we arrived there were no other cars outside but when Nathaniel tugged me with him into the house I heard Hayden's laughter coming from the living. His high pitched voice was shortly joined with a lower musical voice.

'Is that?' I heard Jaden ask from behind me, he sounded utterly surprised. He was bringing up the rear from our small group.

'Seratin?' said Missy, sounding equally surprised. Did that man never laugh or something? Was that why they were surprised? It wasn't that strange now was it?

Nathaniel looked at me with one imperial eyebrow arched, 'You want to check on Hayden?' He completely ignored the others and pulled me into the living without another word and without waiting for my answer.

He knew me too well I guess.

In the living I could see Hayden sitting on the floor in front of the couch, holding a game controller while Seratin was sitting just behind him. He was also holding a game controller and he looked mighty uncomfortable about it.

But it was also clear that his features had softened a degree and that he was looking warmly at my baby brother. His stern mouth pulling up in the corners as if he was itching to smile...

Seratin spotted us first and he immediately stood up and did that strange salute again towards Nathaniel. Touching his heart with his fist and then pressing his knuckles against his forehead. 'My Lord.'

Hayden exclaimed: 'Hey! Look what you did...Now we died!'

I expected Seratin to ignore that and remain the cold, practical man I'd seen that morning but I saw his features twitch again as if he wanted to smile. 'Sorry Spiderman... Your sister is back home.'

Spiderman? He'd even given my brother a nickname? Wow that was unexpected...

Hayden jumped up as he finally noticed us in the doorway. 'Amil!' he screamed happily as he rushed over to tackle my legs into a tight hug. 'I love my bodyguard! He's really cool Amely!'

I just had to laugh as I patted his hair, 'I'm glad you like him Giant. Did you behave? You didn't give him any trouble did you?'

Surprisingly it was Seratin who replied, 'Not at all Miss Taylor. He's been great.' He said it in that stern and solemn voice that only sounded a little friendly because he talked in such a musical way...

'See, he's safe and sound a ghrá mo chroí. I told you he'd be. Now come with me,' said Nathaniel although the last bit was an order that he clearly meant to be obeyed.

My first reaction was to dug my heels in, 'What for?'

'We had a deal Amelia,' he replied. With his hand he ruffled Hayden's hair and then he asked: 'Did you do as I told you kid?'