Chapter Thirty-Eight

Heya, 

Enjoy the chapter and let me know please what you thought of it. I'm not very used to writing fighting scenes and I hope it was fun to read!

Love,

Robin

*

Arriving at the house Amelia used to live in, I took careful notice of my surroundings. My senses fully extended so I wouldn't be caught unaware. Already I noticed the scents and mental signatures of three different wolves.

I recognized them all from school and knew I could dismiss them as a threat. Boys, just little boys, that's what they were. Dragged into a conflict that wasn't theirs because their Alpha had lost it...

I understood their loyalty nonetheless and could even respect it in some way. That didn't mean they would escape punishment after this was all over, just that I'd be milder on them. Maybe I'd show some mercy but that all depended on the outcome of today.

They smelled uneasy, one even downright terrified and I knew they'd all bolt as soon as the real fight started. If not, I knew my men would take care of them without any trouble. These kids were no match for my seasoned warriors.

Harder to pick up were the scents and signatures of the more experienced fighters. But when I caught a whiff of the first, a man I'd known myself, I soon found more.

The wide lawn gave plenty of cover for troops to hide and Thornten was making good use of the area. Without a doubt he really thought he had the upper hand. It made me uneasy, it could only mean he had some sort of ace up his sleeve.

If he thought to install his own son as Regis here... It had to mean Edward was around somewhere too. A battle hardened fighter with a mean streak even bigger than his fathers... It was Edward who usually lead in the punishments his father doled out to his people.

More than 500 years ago, when I'd lived with my siblings in London under Razeal's rule, I'd once caught the bastard trying to force himself on Missy. That had been the start of the animosity between me and Thornten.

The vampire hadn't taken well to me roughing up his son. Never mind that Edward was at least 300 years older and a lot more vicious, and very much guilty of the crime I'd charged him with...

He hadn't died from the punishment I'd meted out, nor had he learned from it. It was why rape in any form or kind was something I punished heavily. I would not ever tolerate it if I could help it. One simply did not take advantage of the weaker in a sick power play.

Moving so I could take a look at the other side of the house I caught the distinct tangy smell of sulphur. Yes the Demon was here alright, and he'd brought his own little army.

I was going to enjoy killing that bastard; I wasn't even shocked by the violent thought. That Demon deserved ten times over what was coming for him, that was one thing I was absolutely sure about.

Jaden rubbed his huge head against my hand and automatically my fingers curled tightly in his fur. 'What is it?' I send him the thought as I kept on scanning the grounds, I hoped to catch a glimpse of either Thornten or the Demon.

'Everyone is in position, are you going to show yourself to negotiate?'  the cat asked me. His long tail swishing in excitement, Jaden was itching to start the fight and bloody his claws.

With my mind I sought out Seratin to confer shortly. I knew it was useless to negotiate, they'd only settle for my death and Hayden's and if I died, everyone I cared for might die too.

I'd be giving the Demon the most powerful weapon in history, Hayden's destructive talent. And although I knew Sammuel and Jaden, Anaya and Lysander and the others would all fight to keep Amelia and my siblings safe... They'd be on the losing side, I could not let that happen.