Chapter Twenty-One

Hello my lovely readers!

Enjoy the new chapter and thank you for fanning and commenting!

Credit to the krill dialogue goes to Alirah and her friend Nando btw! You'll get what I'm talking about when you read it ;) Made me laugh so hard when we had this discussion ourselves that I just HAD to add it to the story so you could all enjoy it too. 

Lot's of love,

Robin

Don't forget to vote! ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Nathaniel wasn't there during dinner but we had fun with the five of us anyway. Hayden was incredibly happy and a little hyper and he seemed really peaceful at the same too as if his mind had been completely set at ease.

I guessed that had something to do with what he'd talked about with Nathaniel. All Hayden had wanted to tell me was that Nathaniel was very nice and that he was really happy we were living here now.

I suppose I had to ask Nathaniel what he'd told the boy...

After dinner I'd taken Hayden to bed and red him story after story, curled up together on that huge castle bed of his. He was asleep around eight though and he appeared to be in a deep sleep too, softly snoring.

Feeling a little anxious for Nathaniel to come home I went back downstairs after that and joined Jake and Elliot in the living. Already I was starting to feel a little tense again, that imaginary rope stretching out between me and Nathaniel.

If I was feeling it then so was he of course; so I really hoped he wouldn't stay away for much longer. Nobody seemed to even know where he'd gone but I didn't want to sound to clingy or needy by asking

To my great surprise Jake and Elliot were avidly watching some kind of vampire show on TV. I'd never heard of it but they were laughing at all the wrong places because it was so far from the truth. Something even I could recognize now.

I'd just sat down to watch as well when Missy popped up behind me and leaned over the back of the couch with a frown on her face.

'You know... There's one thing I never understood. If humans think we're cold blooded, then how the hell would a vamp get an erection?' she asked. Her head tilted sideways and a frown on her forehead as if she was really wondering about the answer.

Elliot looked at his Mate with one eyebrow raised, 'You think about the weirdest things sweety...'

But Jake was frowning as he contemplated the answer, 'Good question... If they're cold blooded, maybe they work the same way as other cold blooded creatures? Like reptiles?'

'No way Jake, I don't see those vamps sitting around in the sun for hours just to warm up!' I exclaimed, shaking my head at the absurdity of the conversation. Who talks about fake vampires and the way they get an erection with real vampires?

'Well they're nearly indestructible anyway, nothing is going to stop them it seems...' offered Elliot.

But I shook my head as I realized Missy's dilemma, 'No because you need your heart to pump blood into the organ and without a heartbeat how's that going to happen?'

'You raise a fair point my dear,' Jake nodded.

'Oh oh I know!' Missy said suddenly, looking really smug as if she'd thought of something great. 'They must work the same way as sea creatures!'

'And how exactly is that if you're so smart?' Elliot asked frowning a little as if he was expecting something really silly to come out of her mouth next.