Chapter Twenty-Three

Heya,

Early update because CookieMonster351 asked me to update so nicely ;) I couldn't say no!

Enjoy everyone,

Vote and comment ;)

Robin

-----------------------------------------------

Jake walked me to my next class with a thoughtful look on his face. He didn't really appear to notice where we were going and was just following me.

I thought it was really stupid that I had to be walked to and from class by either Missy or Jake and that they all acted as if Jaden was there to protect me alone. After all it wasn't me that Thornten was after was it? Deidre came to warn us about protecting Jake!

They should be protecting him! Not me...

We'd just passed the bathrooms and the emergency exit when something slammed into me, hard. Pain exploded low in my back and on the left side of my body while a dull ache started in my head that made thinking straight near impossible.

Someone was holding me tightly pressed up against the wall, right next to the fire exit. There were sounds of fighting going on, although while I struggled against the one holding me it sounded more and more like someone getting beaten...

My stomach clenched painfully in sympathy for Jake.

No one was saying anything so when the person holding me suddenly barked an order it rung painfully in my ears. 'There's someone coming, lets get out of here!'

Immediately the hands holding the back of my neck tightened and I was pulled away from the wall and then pushed out of the emergency exit. I stumbled across the uneven ground outside and fell to my knees painfully.

I was pretty sure my jeans tore on the knees from the impact, taking along some of the skin as well.

Behind me the door slammed and then Jake was tossed down beside me. He just collapsed to the ground and didn't move, his face bloody.

Shocked I stared at it for a moment and then I scrambled to my feet in anger. 'What the hell do you want from us!' I yelled as I turned to face our attackers.

There were four boys, I recognized them from several of my classes but I didn't know any of their names. I did know that they all hung out with Devon a lot, sure enough he was the last to step outside with a satisfied look on his face.

'Hello Amelia my love,' he said with a smirk. 'Forgive my men for being so rough, but we had to get your attention somehow... Since you've been avoiding me.'

I felt a shiver run down my spine, I wanted nothing more then to just turn and run away as fast as possible but I couldn't just leave Jake. At least now I knew it wasn't Thornten trying to kill Jake...

'Stay away from me you asshole! I don't want anything to do with you!' I told him, my heart was beating wildly in my throat now. I kept seeing that dark brown wolf from my dreams, snarling and bloody.

Devon made a movement with his hand and suddenly the four other guys spread out and started circling around me so that I couldn't get away. So much for that plan... Although it had never really been an option it still sucked knowing there was no way out now.

'You are going to be mine,' Devon said with a satisfied look on his face. He was slowly closing in on me and his eyes reflected the wolf inside only, there was no trace of the boy I'd first met at that party.

Trying to sound braver then I was I scoffed: 'No I'm not. I'm not someone's property and I never will be.'

A shrewd expression appeared on his features and he nodded, 'So you admit yourself that Nathaniel has no claim over you?'